Department: School of Health and Wellness
Classification: Support Staff
Posting Date: April 2, 2015
Salary Range: $ 22.13 (start rate) – $ 25.62 (4 year rate)
Hours per week: 35 hours per week
Status: Contract (Appendix D)
Effective Date: As soon as possible – August 28, 2015
THIS IS A TEMPORARY REPLACEMENT POSITION FOR A BARGAINING UNIT EMPLOYEE. Terms and conditions of employment are as outlined in the Support Staff Collective Agreement.
Reporting to the Associate Dean, the incumbent’s main focus is providing frontline customer service to students, staff and external organizations. In addition, they provide administrative, technical and cross-campus support for a cluster of programs and staff within the Health and Wellness portfolio. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Acting as first point of contact (frontline) for student and client inquiries (in person, email and telephone) which includes: performing initial triage to determine needs and making referrals when appropriate
- Providing assistance and information to students regarding basic program requirements, college procedures and the application process
- Creating and maintaining confidential student files
- Collecting, tracking and monitoring student immunization and permit checking
- Providing curriculum and faculty support by monitoring data, updating / generating cross-campus program curriculum packages, as well as generating reports ( i.e. Academic Progression reports) and assisting with entering marks in the student information system (SIS)
- Updating and maintaining databases, as well as shared information on the college network / intranet, related to curriculum, annual program planners, curriculum approval, accreditation, cycle, etc.
- Assisting with the development of Articulation Agreements by organizing material and preparing drafts to final documents
- Supporting the committee meeting process which includes logistics, minutes, and action item follow-up
- Organizing and arranging logistics for special event functions
- Monitoring accounts payable and purchase orders to ensure proper allocation of accounts
- Maintaining and ordering office equipment and supplies
- Assisting in organizing faculty student feedback and other surveys by scheduling surveys
- Coordinating and assisting with the process for the Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Survey
- Providing secretarial support to the academic program area – coordinators and faculty
- Assisting with orientation of new staff and faculty to the academic area and college
- Recording and maintaining attendance reports through the human resource information system (PeopleSoft)
- Successfully completed a one year postsecondary certificate in a relevant field of study that may include, but is not limited to office administration or business
- Two years’ experience in an office environment providing administrative and general office support (i.e. ordering office supplies, faxing and photocopying, etc.)
- Experience in a frontline customer service role that required problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Experience with data entry and pulling reports from a database
- Experience providing committee support and taking minutes
- Computer skills and experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.) to answer inquiries, and prepare and maintain information (i.e. contact lists, correspondence, etc.)
- Communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills to answer inquiries and draft documents
- Organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask to provide day-to-day support while meeting special project deadlines
- The ability to be accurate and detail oriented in order to compile / organize information, prepare reports, and input data
- Proven ability to work independently or within a team environment
- Experience in an academic institution using a student information system (preferably Banner) is an asset
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.
Applications for this position must be received by 5:00 p.m. on April 9, 2015. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.