- Alberta NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Admin Assistant – Toronto Downtown : 00008FII
Admin Assistant – Toronto Downtown : 00008FII
Employment Type: Regular
To provide full administrative and secretarial support to the Senior Executive Manager, assisting in the administration of a high volume of emails & paperwork, and ensuring that deadlines are met. The role holder is also expected to provide guidance and training to other personal assistants in the team.
Impact on the Business
- Provide full administrative and secretarial support to the General/Senior Executive Manager
- Reply to and formulate correspondence on behalf of the Senior Executive Manager
- Use of Lotus Notes/Office packages to produce and type documents
- Routine letters prepared without manager’s approval, more complex correspondence prepared for approval by manager
- Diary management – meetings organized and diary invites managed
- Meeting papers, agenda items and MI collated for meetings
- All action items monitored as appropriate, advising manager of progress
- Enquiries directed as appropriate to other members of the management team
- Maintain department inventories and records
- Management and control of projects on behalf of the Senior Executive Manager
- Regular liaison with Senior Executive Manager’s direct reports to ensure that projects are on track and that deadlines are met.
- Co-ordinate travel and accommodation requirements
- Organize and plan conferences/off-site events including preparation and collation of presentation material.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Gives support to their line manager and team at all times
- Works collaboratively with their immediate and wider team members
- Focuses on the end user – the HSBC customers at all times
- Owns and resolves issues with all stakeholders or customers and understands how and when to escalate
- Deal effectively and efficiently with external Suppliers
- Fully understands the media policy and how this applies to their role
Leadership & Teamwork
- Acts as a role model for our Group Values and behaviors (Open, Connected, Dependable), supporting colleagues and customers to deliver superior customer service through these values.
- Values diversity amongst team
- Acts a as mentor to assist new joiners as required
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards
- Awareness of all elements of Operational Risk associated with the role in compliance to SOX for contact centers
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Supporting a Senior Executive in a challenging and ever changing environment
- Managing an ever changing diary
- Understanding updates on procedural changes and compliance
- Achieving customer excellence in every contact
- Working under pressure
Environment of the job:
- The role falls within the office of a Senior Executive Manager. Working within a demanding environment, the jobholder is involved in the full spectrum of work and/or issues dealt with by the Senior Executive Manager.
- The jobholder interfaces with Executive Managers and Senior Management of all sectors of the bank and with external customers.
- Due to the nature of the role, the Senior Executive Manager is absent from the office a great deal of the time. The jobholder is therefore often the first point of contact for the department. This requires the jobholder to have a good knowledge and understanding of their business area and how it operates.
Guidance and authority;
- This position is expected to operate with a high degree of autonomy, identifying and resolving queries on a day-to-day basis on behalf of the General/Senior Executive Manager, referring only when matters require policy decisions or are of a particularly sensitive nature.
- The jobholder is responsible for ensuring all projects set by the Senior Executive Manager are on track for completion within deadlines. This involves frequent liaison with individual managers regarding progress and the provision of regular status updates to the Senior Executive Manager.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of HSBC customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization. They will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology. Additionally they will ensure they effectively manage sales suitability, money laundering, counter terrorist financing, fraud, and reputational risk.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring; additionally by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by following relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience working in a senior administrative or secretarial role supporting a senior manager or function
- Experience of having worked in a Corporate environment
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with experience of working under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including experience of dealing with executive and senior management levels
- Excellent keyboard, shorthand and audio skills
- Proven ability of using their initiative in challenging situations
- Ability to interact with all levels of management and customers
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively
- Advanced computer and IT skills, including all Microsoft packages
- Thorough understanding of bank and departmental procedures, functions and activities desirable
Job Field : Commercial Banking
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 05-Dec-2016, 10:33:03 Unposting Date : 13-Dec-2016, 02:59:00
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: