- Oversee daily Body Shop activities
- Manage shop production schedule to meet pace and budget
- Work alongside customer’s insurance agencies to produce accurate estimates.
- Develop staff by setting and communicating performance/production expectations, monitoring performance, identifying development needs, coaching and mentoring.
- Comply with company safety policies and procedures
- Ensure productivity within the shop and compliance with all manufacturer policies and procedures
- Order parts needed for repair per estimate sheets
- Perform restoration, body, and paint labor as needed to ensure timely delivery and quality assurance
- Assigns work orders; ensuring work is distributed efficiently for highest productivity
- Forecast goals and objectives, devise and implement a business plan to meet them
- Create, execute, and revise project outlines
- Day-to-day management of each project
- Document all phases of each project, written and photo
- Efficiently and accurately manage quality repair work in accordance with dealership’s and factory standards for multiple lines of vehicles.
- Responsible for hiring, managing, and developing body shop technicians
- Control costs and manage inventory.
- Conduct performance reviews to ensure that each body shop employee is successful
- Review and approve collision estimates for accuracy and competitiveness
- Ensure quality collision repairs
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology.
- Perform excellent customer relationships and communication skills
- Manage employee attendance and performance
- Invoicing as needed
- Explain automotive repairs and issues and provide great customer service.
Skills and Requirements
- 3+ years of combined experience in supervisory role
- High School diploma is required
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and provide friendly customer service.
- Two years body shop management or collision repair experience with a franchised automotive dealer
- High initiative and high energy
- Impeccable follow-through and commitment to quality service
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Independent thinking and problem-solving skills
- Comply with all company safety policies and procedures.
Position type: Full-Time (40 – 45 hours per week)
Salary: $30 to $40 per hour
Please apply by email at: email@example.com
Please note only those candidates that are selected for interview will be contacted.