Department: Advancement and Community Development
Classification: Support Staff
Posting Date: April 1, 2015
Salary Range: $ 25.66 (start rate) – $ 29.75 (4 year rate)
Hours per week: 40 hours per week
Status: Contract (Appendix D)
Effective Date: As soon as possible – April 2016
THIS IS A TEMPORARY REPLACEMENT POSITION FOR A BARGAINING UNIT EMPLOYEE. Terms and conditions of employment are as outlined in the Support Staff Collective Agreement.
Reporting to the Manager, Resource Development the incumbent is responsible for the administration, communication, recipient selection process, recognition ceremonies and financial tracking of the scholarships and awards programs. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and coordinating the student scholarships and awards process
- Preparing the Terms of Reference of each award / scholarship based on the donors criteria
- Providing awards information to all campuses and maintaining the website
- Responding to inquiries and requests from students and donors regarding awards
- Promoting awards through various medias including print material, Blackboard and the awards website
- Participating in Open Houses, Preview and Summer Orientation sessions, making presentations to current and potential students
- Facilitating the recipient selection process by distributing and collecting application / nomination forms and assisting with the selection of candidates
- Coordinating the awards portion of the convocation and award ceremonies at all campuses
- Tracking the financial activity of the awards / scholarship funding
- Preparing annual reports
- Monitoring outstanding donations, requisitioning award cheques, applying awards against student accounts and monitoring / resolving discrepancies to ensure proper allocations of funds
- Maintaining the information database for awards and scholarships
- Coordinating the donor recognition ceremonies and donor visits
- Successfully completed a two year postsecondary diploma in a related field of study that may include, but is not limited to business or resource development
- Minimum three years’ experience in a role where duties included gathering of information, data inputting, reporting, financial tracking and providing information to a variety of stakeholders
- Experience with fundraising software (preferably Raiser’s Edge), financial information systems and advanced computer skills in Microsoft Suite
- Demonstrated communication skills both written and oral
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Experience in facilitating information sessions
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge of accounting principles
- Experience in financial tracking and administration
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Occasional travel to local meetings and award ceremonies on other campuses which may fall outside regular office hours
- Membership in AFP is an asset
- Experience in event planning, marketing and public relations would be an asset
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Georgian and then to Career Opportunities.
Applications for this position must be received by 5:00 p.m. on April 9, 2015. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.