- Alberta NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Business Development Manager, Insurance
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada’s most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, Chile and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
Incorporating the key personal investment and advisory activities within the Scotiabank, Global Wealth & Insurance provides a full range of products and services that encompass retail brokerage, investment management advice, mutual funds and savings products, and financial planning and private client services for affluent clients.
The Business Development Manager, Insurance (BDM) is responsible for the promotion and building of insurance sales through relationship management, training, advice, coaching, direction, knowledge application, program development, and leveraging both internal and external (supplier) support structures.
The BDM’s primary role is to facilitate and enable new business on a regionally defined basis for HollisWealth.
The BDM will be responsible for the marketing and promotion of segregated funds and will be advisor’s first point of contact for inquiries. The BDM will coordinate the activities of the carrier segregated funds wholesaling teams.
1. Partnering with the Head of Insurance and Retail RVP, develop, execute and maintain short, medium and long term sales strategies for the assigned region, to support the overall HollisWealth and Canadian Wealth Management Advisory strategies and business objectives by:
* Building and maintaining an awareness of assigned market and general economic conditions
* Developing a clear vision and business strategy for the assigned market area, aligned with the overall HollisWealth vision and Canadian Wealth Management Advisory priorities
* Developing annual business development plans for the assigned market area
* Prioritizing initiatives; anticipating and planning for potential risks and opportunities
* Developing and maintaining a thorough understanding of all Life Insurance products
* Proactively developing and leading business development activities across the assigned market area to achieve and exceed targets, customizing initiatives for success based on expertise of the local market, financial conditions and incumbents
* Clearly defining roles, responsibilities and expectation across the assigned market area: communicating market area business plans to assigned advisors
* Objectively facilitating Wholesaler exposure to Advisors
* Segmenting advisors to ensure proper alignment with the HWIAL value proposition
* Meeting individually with advisors to help identify sales opportunities within their businesses
* Facilitating regularly sales management meetings
* Participating in the creation of sales resource information and tools
* Providing and/or facilitate client needs analysis and training
* Facilitating advanced sales consultation with appropriate legal/tax/estate planning resources
* Referring to insurance company resources where required
* Coordinating the delivery of financial plans to Advisor’s clients
* Filtering access to TEPG for large advanced case consultation
* Ensuring weekly, monthly and quarterly analysis and reporting of results against targets and business plan are prepared accurately and in a timely manner and are communicated to appropriate team members
2. Providing comprehensive support to Advisors in assigned region including training and coaching by:
* Developing strong relationships with Advisors and working with each Advisor to develop and execute against their individual business plans; providing objective and knowledgeable insight and guidance in support of their business development activities and product application
* Acting as the first point of contact for all Advisor queries and providing product knowledge and appropriate solutions to Advisors
* Working closely with the Retail RVP’s, the IC’s, as well as the Group Benefits Division and ensure that the Advisors are aware of and efficiently engaged with, the overall offering of the Retail Division
* Delivering highly personalised training and guidance to Advisor teams on all Insurance products
* Monitoring and coaching to aspects of the sales competencies and product delivery
* Participating in joint business development and client relationship management activities on a regular basis
* Organizing and execute regional training, recognition and reward events in conjunction with carriers and the HWIAL Head Office
* Facilitating the implementation of Branch meetings
* Coordinating the delivery of the secondary support services of HWIAL, including group insurance, property casualty insurance, high risk and affinity business
* Coordinating with new Advisors on insurance process and resources
* Facilitating resolution of process related issues for Advisors
* Intervening as necessary in areas of operations, finance and compliance to assist in conflict resolution
* Participating in the development of education program for product and sales
* Communicating with Branch Managers on advisor activities, roadblocks, successes, etc.;
* Facilitating product and strategy awareness campaigns
3. Building effective relationships with partners in regions and districts by:
* Maximising existing relationships with internal partners and developing new opportunities
* Maintaining and leveraging relationships with Regional Insurance Company Representatives
* Liaising with Compliance, Operations, and Compensation Manager for issue resolution
* Staying current and support inter-corporate Management Partners and initiatives including liaising regularly with the RVP
4. Participating in assigned region Communication, Marketing and Recruitment by:
* Facilitating the delivery of sales related communication
* Contributing feedback in the development of Retail communications, offering and resources
* Facilitating reinforcement and delivery of Retail communications
* Facilitating reinforcement and development of Retail’s strategic direction
* Ensuring RVP’s, Branch Manager’s, and Advisors are informed of current developments
* Contributing feedback in the development of Retail marketing resources and delivery of client marketing presentations
* Assisting in the development of credible marketing inventory for myPractice
* Increasing HollisWealth’s industry profile by representation at Industry functions and within Industry groups including ADVOCIS
* Working with the Branch Manager/Business Unit Owner/Manager/Principal Manager to developing and implementing a regional recruitment plan to attract and add qualified Life only Advisors
5. Contribute to the effective functioning of the HollisWealth Insurance team by:
* Participating actively in team learning development activities and team performance achievements.
* Building effective working relationships across the team and with various business line and corporate function contacts
* Maintaining a high level of customer service
* Facilitating a culture of open and honest communication
* Actively participating and contributing to touch bases and team meetings
* Encouraging the generation of new ideas and approaches
* Actively share knowledge and experience to enhance the development of all team members
* Developing and executing a meaningful employee development plan.
Some travel may be required within assigned market region.
Scotiabank is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: