Hiawatha First Nation is now accepting applications
For the position of:
Community Health Nurse
Role: To provide a full range of Community Health Nursing Services with a focus on health promotion illness/injury prevention and education.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum one year acute nursing experience.
- Experience as a registered nurse in community health.
- Experience in providing health services to First Nation community preferred
- Nursing degree from a recognized Canadian University or equivalent.
- Proof of current registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- A current member with the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO)
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certificate (CPR) and Standard First Aid
- Valid Driver’s License and own transportation
- Working knowledge of all relevant computer programs.
- Skills acquired through required education and experience.
- Working knowledge of legislation, policies and procedures of First Nation Governments preferred.
- Supervisory skills as will be supervising Homecare Personnel with regard to client care.
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills.
- Strong ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong ability to multi-task.
**Due to the nature of the position a clear CPIC with Vulnerable Sector Check is required.** **Persons of Aboriginal Ancestry are encouraged to apply.**
Annual Salary: $45,000.00 – $55,000.00 (based on a 35 hour work week)
- Excellent Benefit and Pension Plan
- Own office and clinical space
- Use of company vehicle
- All statutory holidays off
APPLICATIONS TO BE RECEIVED ON OR BEFORE THE DEADLINE OF:
Thursday November 17, 2016 @ 1:00pm
Cover letter and resume including (3) Current Work Related References names and phone numbers must be received by the deadline date and time. Late applications will not be considered.
SEND FULL APPLICATION TO:
Vanessa Boudreault, Employment & Training Services
Hiawatha First Nation Administration Office
Re: Community Health Nurse
123 Paudash Street
Hiawatha, Ontario K9J 0E6