Company: Central Niagara Animal Hospital Professional Corporation / Central Niagara Animal Hospital
Business information: Central Niagara Animal Hospital is a full service Veterinary Clinic. We provide veterinary services to small animals (cats and dogs).
Business Address: 6544 Lundy’s Lane, Niagara Falls, ON, L2G 1T6
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full Time– Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Maintain, troubleshoot and administer the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), mainframe networks and computer workstations and peripheral equipment
• Evaluate and install computer hardware, networking software and operating system software
• Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks and to co-ordinate access and use of computer networks
• Provide problem-solving services to network users
• Implement data, software and hardware security procedures
• Perform routine network start up and close down and maintain control records
• Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations
• Install, maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade Web-server hardware and software
• Set up local area networks and connections to the Internet
• Implement network traffic and security monitoring software, and optimize server performance
• Modify Web pages, applets and scripts
• Research and apply meta-data to Websites and register Websites with search engines
• Perform Web-server backup and recovery operations.
-Education: Completion of a college or other program in computer science, network administration, Web technology or a related field is required
– Experience: A minimum of two years experience as a computer network technician is required.
– Experience in a clinical setting preferred.
– Strong technical & problem-solving skills.
– Work well under deadlines & pressure.
Computer and technology knowledge required:
Device drivers, Networking software, Networking hardware, Networking security, Extranet, Intranet, Internet, Servers, Desktop applications, Security software, Word processing software, Presentation software, Mail server software, Image editing software, Database software, Spreadsheet, MS Windows and MS Office
Computer and technology knowledge assets: HTML editing software, Website creation and management software, Web service design, Desktop publishing software, Data analysis software
Salary: $34.00 to $36.00 hourly, 30-40 Hours per week.
Benefits: Disability insurance, dental insurance, pension, and extended medical insurance are provided.
– The worker will be required to work 6 days per week. Flexibility on schedule is required, two shifts available from 2-8pm or 3-9pm (mostly working after hours to minimize disruption to the clinic openings hours) Flexibility required for Saturdays. Overtime may be required. At least one day off per week, usually on Sundays.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by mail to: 6544 Lundy’s Lane, Niagara Falls, ON, L2G 1T6