Corporate Accountant will supporting Cigna Canada and all its subsidiaries companies in Canada. This role will be providing support for day-to-day accounting operating functions.
- Prepare cheque deposits for office admin to deposit at the bank
- Prepare all receipts and journal vouchers and submit for review and processing
- Prepare account reconciliations
- Prepare monthly ACH, Wire Payments, Account Transfers
- Process invoices and expense reports
- Issue cheque payments
- Prepare cheque requisitions
- Assist in monthly, quarterly and annual financial and management reporting
- Prepare accounting working papers
- Maintain Investment Continuity Schedule for all entities
- Act as a backup for office assistant, including:
- Office maintenance
- Greet visitors
- Drop off and pick up mail
- Set up couriers
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- 3-5+ years of accounting experience
- Experience with large or multinational organization strongly preferred
- Strong working knowledge in the insurance and/or financial services industry is preferred.
- CPA candidate or designation is preferred.
- Experience using SAGE and Oracle software is an asset
- Accuracy, attention to detail, adaptability, and ability to maintain confidentiality in respect of information handled
- Must have experience working in Windows environment using Microsoft Office software and possess advanced Excel and Word skills
- Working knowledge of insurance accounting in accordance with IFRS and US GAAP is an asset
- Excellent good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work in fast-paced environment