Company: Danesville Holsteins Ltd.
Business Location: 2376-Line 29 Perth East, Tavistock, ON N0B 2R0
Work Location: Same as above
Business Information: We are a dairy farm
Type of Employment: Permanent– Full-time
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Feeding cows with TMR mixer-driving tractor
- Tend cows
- Milk cows in a double 10 parlour
- Clean stables, barns
- Set and monitor water lines, air flow and temperature in barns
- Detect disease and health problems in livestock and care of animals.
- Write daily basic progress reports
- Handling animals
- Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- Preparing feed ration as specified by formula
- Feeding calves with bottles and by bucket-feeding pellets
- Bedding calves in hutches
- Pressure and wash calf hutches
- Clean parlour area
- Maintain or assist in the maintenance of facilities and farm infrastructure including cleaning stables or barns.
-Education: Not required
-Experience is an asset
-Milking machinery or equipment knowledge is an asset
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Repetitive Tasks, physically demanding, combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching and kneeling, standing for extended periods of time.
-Personal suitability: flexibility, able to work on its own as well as part of a team.
-Work site environment: outdoors, wet/damp, odours.
Salary: $14.00 to 16.00 hourly, 50-60 hours per week.
Benefits: Work clothing allowance, weekly transportation to town for groceries. Transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate. Accommodation provided at a discounted rate.
Important Information: Shifts will be 8-12 hours a day. Work shifts will be:
Milking: 5h00am to 9h30am or 5h00pm to 9h00pm
Feeding: 10h00am to 4h00pm plus other jobs such as cleaning, animal care, maintenance, etc.
**Shifts may vary, overtime work will be required**
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org