Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada’s most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, Chile and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
By working together, we build strong relationships and create value for our customers. Scotiabank’s Information Technology and Solutions provides global technology solutions support to each of our core businesses – Domestic Banking, International Banking, Global Banking & Markets and Global Wealth & Insurance. Our technology-based solutions enable Scotiabank to achieve sustained profitable growth and a competitive advantage.
The Delivery Manager has the overall accountability for the successful delivery of one or more concurrent IT projects / programs (e.g., desktop / software / server life cycle refresh). This includes all facets of project delivery including stakeholder management, project / program governance, scope, schedule, budget, issue and risk management. Furthermore, the individual is to ensure systems and procedures are effectively defined, introduced and implemented with appropriate training, support and controls.
* Plans and manages IT projects of moderate complexity independently
* Develops project management documents and plans accordingly to the Bank’s Project Delivery Methodology including Project Charter, Scope, Schedule, Budget, Quality, Resourcing, Communication, Risk, and Procurement where required
* Provides formalized, continuing work direction and leadership to an assigned team that may include business experts, business analysts, and technical specialists including the scheduling, assignment and review of project work * Tracks, monitors, and communicates project progress against the project management plan, requirements, quality measures, standard processes, and milestones
* Accountable for ensuring project is delivered within project cost management budget and schedule
* Coordinates input, support, and communication with all functional/business areas that impact project scope, business value, risk and resource requirements
* Prepares and presents dashboards to project steering committees * Effectively resolves project related issues, facilitates/negotiates resolution with key project stakeholders and escalates/communicates issues appropriately * Likely to be involved in leading multiple projects concurrently * Occasional evening and weekend work may be required to meet project deadlines * Carry out complex work requirements as generally directed by Director, Program Management Office, while working largely autonomously to meet needs of teams, projects and timelines
* At least 7 years of experience in IT Infrastructure Project Management in the Banking sector
* At least 10 years of progressive experience in various aspects of Information Technology delivery
* Thorough knowledge of Project Management practices
* Conceptual and analytical skills to assess and evaluate needs and cost/benefit analysis for new infrastructure technology requirements, in planning and designing solutions
* Highly proficient with Microsoft Office suite to prepare project various documents and reports
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Comfortable to work and present to all levels of management including executive level
* Superior relationship management, teamwork skills to engage, motivate and manage multi-disciplinary teams
* Familiarity with key industry partners’ products such as IBM, Microsoft, Cisco, Citrix and Oracle
* Flexible to work extended hours as required on potentially multiple projects
EDUCATION AND ACCREDITATIONS:
* PMP certification or equivalent
* Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Scotiabank is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.