Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada’s most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, Chile and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is a leading multinational financial services provider and Canada’s most international bank. Since welcoming our first customers in Halifax, Nova Scotia, in 1832, Scotiabank has continued to expand its global reach. Today, through our team of more than 86,000 employees, Scotiabank and its affiliates offer a broad range of products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking to over 21 million customers in more than 55 countries around the world.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
Are you seeking a leadership position into the exciting world of Automotive Finance? Scotiabank’s Ontario Dealer Finance Center is seeking a Director, Credit Solutions in Hamilton, ON.
The automotive industry is exciting and ever-evolving and Scotiabank recognized this early on. Since 1957, we have had a specialized group serving the end-to-end financial needs of the automotive industry. With over 50 years of experience in delivering innovative products and exceptional service, we are leaders in the field and we’re looking for individuals like you to join our growing team.
The Director, Credit Solutions will be responsible for the credit structuring, banking and risk management support for large Automotive Dealer Group Customers with complex financing requirements. These large Dealer Groups require a collaborative approach to provide a full spectrum of banking services; from capital to support growth, expansion, and acquisition, to enhanced cash management solutions, interest rate risk management, syndications, and access to equity and debt capital marketsThe position is client facing and will primarily oversee a Credit Solutions team in Ontario, and at times be called upon to provide expert credit structuring guidance to three other Dealer Finance Centers across Canada.
You will be responsible for meeting negotiated goals which include credit growth, revenue growth, credit quality objectives, customer and employee satisfaction goals, human resource management and operational effectiveness objectives.
You will also provide leadership and guidance to the Dealer Finance Centre (DFC) delivery network in a manner consistent with the overall Canadian Banking strategy of developing and leading a customer-focused Credit culture while achieving business line revenue and ROEE objectives. This includes a primary responsibility for leading, managing, coaching and training others in the development of more complex credit arrangements while focusing on sound Credit disciplines.
1. Contributes to the profitable development of Automotive Commercial Credit business by:* Ensuring the timely analysis, structure and presentation of credit / financial solutions proposals within a prescribed portfolio of complex or large commercial automotive accounts;
* Providing prompt and sound recommendations in the analysis and adjudication of credit proposals;
* Ensuring that communications to staff clearly convey the rationale for decisions, so that they may respond effectively to clients;
* Recommending pricing for loans and credit-related fees which yield a return commensurate with risk and due regard to profit, administration and competitive considerations;
* Recommending alternative terms, conditions, covenants and deal structure to provide a viable banking proposal to the client that is within sound credit lending practices;
* Ensuring full suite of banking products & services are made available; cross-selling and referring to internal product experts where applicable.
2. Ensures the accurate communication of the terms and conditions of an authorization and timely implementation by:
* Reviewing all written authorizations to ensure accuracy, completeness and clarity;
* Liaising with all members of the Relationship Team;
* Ensuring prompt follow-up for acceptance of the authorization and reacting swiftly to any problems, amendments, extensions, reporting to senior management where necessary;
* Promptly and effectively addressing issues surrounding the adequacy, quality and completeness of loan documentation and security.
3. Ensure the ongoing quality of an assigned credit portfolio by:
* Identifying and escalating any credit weaknesses developing within individual accounts, by ongoing awareness and review of relevant financial, legal, political, technological, and industry information;
* Ensuring adherence to Information, Security and Policy Privacy Requirements.
4. Provide coaching/counselling by:
* Developing the credit competencies of an assigned team of Credit Solutions Managers and Sr. Credit Solutions Analysts in relation to assigned accounts;
* Providing timely performance feedback on credit analysis presented for review by DFCs.
As our preferred candidate you will have:
* 10+ years of in depth Commercial/mid-market banking background including experience with cash flow underwriting, syndications and complex credit structuring;
* Excellent risk assessment, accounting, financial analysis, and deal structuring skills;
* Superior coaching and communication skills;
* Ability to build solid business case justification for deals;
* Superior negotiation skills;
* Superior interpersonal and teamwork skills;
* Superior sales/closing capabilities.
* Financial/accounting education or work related background – MBA/CFA preferred
Scotiabank is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.