32645 – Barrie – Regular – Ongoing
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
DMS Network Model Coordinator Role
- With a focus on the Distribution Management System (DMS) platform, and the management of the Distribution Network Model, provide prompt and efficient technical support to maintain DMS up to date for Control Room and other users.
- Ensure network model completeness and accuracy to be used for promotion to the real- time operating system
- Validate information in the source systems for use in DMS network model
- Schedule and coordinate network model modifications with other team members and key stakeholders
- Act as a liason for coordination of PV activities associated with network model changes
- Incorporate changes in the network into the network model data change set on daily basis
- Run integration tool across data source system, and ensure currency of the underlying data models
- Scheduling regular overall network model refreshes on a near term basis (e.g. weekly or bi-monthly)
- Provide support and assistance to other team members and to the end-users to address inquires and requests
- Act as a liaison with other LOB’s using GIS to ensure coordinated network updates and/or modifications
- Act as a liaison with System operations Change Control groups on system changes
- Participate in the development of strategic plans and standards.
- Plan and execute projects and assist project teams involved in upgrades and enhancements of DMS and related tools.
- Work with software vendors and consultants to coordinate and oversee project activities.
- Develop close customer relationships to identify potential improvements to existing network model and modeling methods
- Act as a mentor to peers to advance their learning and facilitate their professional development.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Familiarity with OGCC Control Room operations and processes and knowledge of the DMS platform.
- Broad technical knowledge of power system OT assets, use, connectivity, and asset management using life-cycle management methodologies.
- Knowledge of databases and experience with data analysis and report preparation.
- Advanced knowledge of computer technology and equipment configurations, operating systems and application programming
- Experience developing software using various programming and scripting languages.
- Experience providing technical support to users of operational software.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated record of self-motivated behavior and perseverance to accomplish objectives in spite of obstacles.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate work, and work in a team environment.
- Professional level of oral and written communication skills.
- Requires 4-year university degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to develop cooperative relationships while interacting with others.
- Ability to use keen investigative, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and innovative.
- Desire to assist others and meet their needs.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to build persuasive arguments based on logic and facts.
- A period of over 8 years and up to and including 10 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
- Questions about the job should be directed to John Marshall at (705) 719-3518.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2019.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email email@example.com. Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: September 30, 2019
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.
Job Segment: Distribution, Geology, GIS, Data Analyst, Technical Support, Operations, Technology, Engineering, Data