Toronto is Canada’s largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. Consistently ranked one of the world’s most livable cities, we are a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture. Join the award-winning Toronto Public Service in the Economic Development & Culture Division as Facility Attendant 2 at Fort York National Historic Site.
NOTE TO CURRENT CITY OF TORONTO LOCAL 79 PART-TIME EMPLOYEES: If you are a current City of Toronto Local 79 part-time employee, you must indicate that you are a “Current Part-time employee” in the “Custom Information” section of your on-line application form, and provide your “Employee Number” in order to be considered for this job opportunity.
- Assists staff in the provision of building security, fire safety and evacuation, event assistance and client service during events occurring at City of Toronto cultural facilities.
- Under direction, communicates with rental clients to clarify event details and provide post-event observations and information to management in regard to additional charges, damages, incidents and/or other non-permitted activities by rental clients.
- Responds to on-site assistance from rental clients and the general public. This includes a significant number of outdoor events throughout the year.
- Handles or assists with front of house duties and concession preparation.
- Under direction, provides minimal financial transactions, e.g. concession or materials sales and program registration.
- Performs light custodial duties required during rental events and programs. Provides the set up and/or take down of furniture and equipment for various events and programs.
- Maintains safe exterior access to facilities, including shovelling snow and salting walkways, removing debris.
- Opens, closes and monitors facilities during hours of operation.
- Attends scheduled staff meetings, training sessions and fire drills to help ensure a safe workplace.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Experience in working with facility rental organizations
- Experience in direct customer service delivery
- Experience working on outdoor events (set up and take down of furniture and equipment)
- Minimum grade 12 education
- Experience in a cultural or museum environment is an asset
You must also have:
- Proven attention to detail and procedure
- Demonstrates excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and demonstrated sound judgement
- Flexibility, punctuality, reliability
- Ability to work independently and self-motivation required
- A valid First Aid Certificate or the ability to become certified
- A Smart Serve Certification or the ability to become certified
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job ID # and the job classification title.