EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY-INTERNAL POSTING
Food Resource Centre Coordinator
MBQ – Community Wellbeing – Part Time Term Position
(16 hours per week/ending March 2019 with possibility of extension)
Position is responsible to budget, coordinate and provide services for the Tyendinaga Food Resource Centre.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Dealing with clients in a respectful and compassionate manner
- Maintaining strict rules of confidentiality
- Ensuring that all statistics are maintained and reporting is done in a timely fashion
- Maintaining inventory and ordering stock as needed
- Picking up donations and arranging weekly deliveries of fresh foods
- Following regulations and policies
- Maintaining the budget, donations, etc.
- Other duties
- Must have a valid Class G driver’s license
- Previous experience working with clients in a social service setting an asset
- Food Handling certification an asset
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent and concise written communication, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and computer based skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent understanding of confidentiality
- Excellent understanding of safe food handling, food storage rules, etc.
- Ability to work with difficult people
- Work well as a team
- Must be able to provide a clear vulnerable sector check
- Must be able to provide a clear driver’s abstract
- CPR and First Aid an asset
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, current staff or members of Mohawks of the Bay of Quinte and Indigenous applicants will be given priority and are asked to self-identify
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: July 19, 2018 at 4:30 p.m.
IN PERSON OR BY MAIL:
R.R. #1, 24 Meadow Drive
Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory
BY PHONE OR FAX:
Or Visit our Website:
NOTE: Internal postings are intended for all MBQ staff and the membership of the Mohawks of the Bay of Quinte
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.