- Ontario NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
GIS Technologist III
GIS Technologist III
Date: Oct 9, 2019
Location: Barrie, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
|Number of positions:||1|
|Town/City:||Barrie, Ontario (CA-ON)|
|Business Unit:||NTW OPRTNS|
|Duration of assignment:||12 months|
- Provide digital mapping products and conventional line work for the production of Transmission & Distribution line routes and location plans.
- Prepare and/or edit digital files required in an automated mapping/facilities management/geographic information system (AM/FM/GIS).
- Assist in the evaluation of software and GIS related systems.
- Provide advice and guidance to internal staff and others on Quality Assurance matters.
- Work from a scope of work, information and data provided, prepare drawings and documents using GIS and/or computer-aided drafting (CADD) systems, for installations relating to Tx & Dx facilities.
- Apply general design and drafting standards and check completed drawings to ensure they are functional and meet required standards.
- Perform various QA/QC processes with respect to GIS
- QA/QC of modeled electrical equipment in the GIS
- Process ArcFm designer packets
- Process equipment changes received from the field
- Requires a knowledge of mathematics, computer technology, survey drafting, mapping principles, geodesy and geography and associated calculations to prepare drawings for design, procurement, construction, operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Requires a good knowledge of graphic map data with related database technology in order to digitize graphic information and topographic data for loading/downloading to digital computer systems.
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired either through the successful completion of Grade XII in a Secondary, Commercial or Technical School plus additional short specialized training courses or by having the equivalent level of education.
- Requires experience with drafting standards to utilize a wide variety of materials, tools and associated apparatus to carry out drafting activities for plans, illustrations, maps, drawings, etc.
- Requires experience in the operation of automated mapping/facilities management/geographic systems (AM/FM/GIS), with particular emphasis on digital mapping.
- Requires experience to be familiar with application of various available computer facilities utilized for survey calculations as well as, the development of plans, profiles, route plans, site drawings, legal survey plans, illustrations, checking processes, system facilities map maintenance.
- Requires experience with departmental standards, procedures and guidelines.
- A period of over eight years up to including 10 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
If you share our passion for safety, our customer service focus, and are ready to play a lead role in building a bright future, we would love to hear from you!
Thank you for considering this opportunity and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are being considered for an interview or other assessment one of our Recruitment Consultants will be in touch. Furthermore, if you are being considered for an interview and require special accommodations please let us know. Finally, short-listed candidates will be asked to pass a reliability check (which could include criminal background check, driver’s license abstract, education verification, etc.) prior being offered a job at Hydro One.
Deadline: October 22, 2019
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: