Company: 1758108 Ontario Inc / Corporate Communications
Business details: Corporate Communications is an enterprise that creates and publishes all kinds of high quality branded presentation folders and websites for real estate offices across North America and Chinese companies. The folders are sponsored by local advertisers and home services providers in the community. Our Advertisers include local renovation services, real estate lawyers, trades people and more. Our team is comprised of various experts in their chosen fields, including highly-skilled graphic designers who take care of the layout, pictures, and design of each piece, as well as advertising specialists who work with local businesses to determine their needs and find the best way to promote them via the real estate folders.
Business Address: 200 Consumers Rd. Suite 500 Toronto, ON M2J 4R4
Work location: same as above
Type of Employment: Full time
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Use existing photo and illustration banks and typography guides
- Consult with clients to establish the overall look, graphic elements and content of communications materials
- Prepare sketches, layouts and graphic elements
- Develop the graphic elements that meet the clients’ objectives
- Prepare and post notices and advertisements
- Execute advertisements for realty related companies
- Create, enhance and build the brand image and work towards maintaining it through consistency, guidelines, tools
- Adhere to design standards and guidelines
- Create illustrations, icons, infographics and icons
- Create presentation folder for Real Estate Offices
- Design/create individual Advertisement/logos
- Photography editing and retouching
- Prepare artwork files for final print production
Proficiency on the following applications/software programs is required:
- Adobe Illustrator
- MS Office
- Adobe Creative Cloud
Required characteristics of the employee:
- Attention to detail
- Client focus
- Must know how to set up pre-press files for printing, colour calibrating, imposition, creating bleeds, crops, etc.
- Strong Typography skills and colour sense
- Excellent writing, proofing and editing skills – Slogan, tagline and content
- Possession of conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team.
- Professionalism regarding time and deadlines
- A university degree in visual arts with specialization in graphic design, commercial art, graphic communications or cartooning or Completion of a college diploma program in graphic arts is required.
- Creative ability and artistic talent, as demonstrated by a portfolio of work, are required for graphic designers and illustrators.
- Knowledge of Chinese writing and typing is an asset as many of our clients are Chinese
- 1 year of experience or training in multimedia design is required.
Schedule: Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (2 hours of unpaid lunch). 30 hours per week. Overtime might be required.
Salary: 26.40$ /hour – 27.40$ /hour
How to apply:
Note: Applicants should send their resume, cover letter and design portfolio as part of the application in order to be considered.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 200 Consumers Rd. Suite 500 Toronto, ON M2J 4R4
Apply by fax to: (416) 498-0915