The Group Liaison & Guest Services Manager will oversee and manage the Guest Services Team at Edward Village Hotel, North York and ensure that hotel service standards, policies and procedures are being met. Areas of responsibility for the Group Liaison & Guest Services Manager include concierge services, guest reservations, guest complaints, and staff management.
Employer: Edward Village Hotel, North York
Business Address/Location of Work: 185 Yorkland Boulevard, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4R2.
Nature of Employment: Permanent, Full-time – Flexible Hours Required (Early mornings, evenings, weekends, and public holidays)
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: $26.68 per hour
Benefits: 4% Vacation Pay,
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day responsibilities and assignments of the Front Office Department;
- Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial planning;
- Oversee and monitor departmental expenses such as labour costs, and take steps to maximize profitability;
- Develop and communicate departmental strategies and goals;
- Coordinate with various Departments on internal hotel issues;
- Communicate and enforce hotel policies and procedures;
- Hire and provide training to Front Office Department staff;
- Monitor Front Office staff to ensure that guests receive prompt, professional attention and personal recognition;
- Oversee and participate in guest relations and direct arrangements for VIP and special attention reservations such as groups and tours;
- Organize and arrange client use of hotel facilities for various events;
- Respond to guest complaints and implement service guidelines in order to ensure guest satisfaction;
- Schedule and regularly conduct routine inspections of the front office and public areas; and
- Examine and analyze guest satisfaction data and develop and implement plans to achieve goals related to guest satisfaction scores, guest service activities, etc.
Minimum Skills Requirements
- Completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma in hotel management or related field required;
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in the accommodation and hospitality industry;
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience in Hotel operations strongly preferred;
- Communication skills – Candidate should have good English language proficiency and be fluent in their communication.
By email at email@example.com with resume