Company: J.M.S Warehousing Inc.
Business information: J.M.S Warehousing Inc. specializes in industrial services. We combine industry leading technology and traditional attention to customer service, together for a complete third party logistical solution to your supply chain problems. We are a licensed Canadian Facility Custom Bonded Facility. We offer a wide variety of warehousing and storage, fulfillment, picking and packing, industrial and transportation services. We are looking for a Head Shipper to join our team.
Business Location:128-704 Mara Street, Point Edward, ON, N7V 1X4
Work Location:Warehouses in 21 Ube Drive, Sarnia, ON, N7T 1W6 and in704 Mara Street, Point Edward, ON, N7V 1X4
Type of Employment:Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date:As soon as possible
- Establish work schedules and procedures
- Co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Prepare and submit reports
- Ensure smooth operation of computer equipment and machinery
- Arrange for maintenance and repair work
- Resolve work related problems
- Recruit and hire staff
- Train workers in duties and policies
- Arrange training for staff
- Conduct performance reviews and recommendation to upper management
- Requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies
- Co-ordinate, assign and review work of clerks engaged in the following duties: shipping, receiving, storing, distributing and maintain inventories of materials, parts and products, processing purchasing transactions, coordination of production work, dispatching crews and scheduling transportations crews on the routes
- Plan, organize and oversee operational logistics of the organization
- Ensure all production orders are shipped to customers in a timely manner
- Manage the reception, handling, distribution and storage of designated freight, product and supplies
- Maintain strict control over inventory levels in order to met internal and external demand of product
- Develop train and enforce corporate policies regarding security and safety in order to maintain a safe workplace
- Investigate causes of lost or damaged shipments and other materials
- Conduct periodic spot checks on inventory, supplies and equipment
Ability to supervise: Staff in various areas of responsibility. 3-4 people.
Work Setting: Warehouse
Business equipment and computer applications:
WMS Warehouse management system
-Education: Completion of high school
-Experience: At least two years of experience as a warehouse supervisor is required.
– Valid driver’s license is required, as the worker may be required to drive inside the warehouse.
– This position is physically demanding and involves manual labor. Handling heavy loads (up to 45 kg) and handling different types of freight is required.
Salary: $24.00 to $26.00Hourly, 40-44 Hours per week.
Benefits:Uniforms, personal protective equipment (high visibility vest, safety gallows, hard hat, eyes and ears protection) and an allowance of CAD 175 for steel toed safety boots are provided.
– Flexibility in schedule is required. The most common schedule will be from Monday to Friday from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm. Overtime may be required.If shipments arrive on weekends, the worker will be required to assist. All call-in days pay 4 hours minimum. At least one day off per week.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to:128-704 Mara Street, Point Edward, ON, N7V 1X4