- British Columbia NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Human Resources Business Partner – First Nations/Metis/Inuit Candidates-1900013216
Human Resources Business Partner – First Nations/Metis/Inuit Candidates-1900013216
We invite all experienced and aspiring First Nations / Metis / Inuit professionals to apply to roles featured on BMO’s Indigenous Careers landing page, as well as all of those on BMO’s Careers page. Qualified First Nations / Metis / Inuit applicants applying through these postings will be considered for open job vacancies, where they exist, or added to our Indigenous Talent Network and matched to other upcoming opportunities.
This is part of BMO’s ongoing commitment to Indigenous applicants. Our recruitment team will reach out to those selected for further consideration.
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) acts as a trusted advisor for the designated business groups across all aspects of HR including employee relations, recruitment and staffing, compensation, talent review, organization design, resource planning, learning and career development. Reporting to the Director & HRBP, the incumbent works with leaders from the business as well as HR Centre of Expertise (COE) to define needs, provide input to the development of people strategies, lead HR colleagues to achieve the strategy and translate the impact via measurable results. The role is accountable for providing strategic advice and counsel to the Director & HRBP and other senior members of the CHRO’s direct report team relating to a range of HR matters including: strategic initiatives, issues management/escalation, building and managing talent, diversity and inclusion etc.
The role is also accountable for providing team leadership and counsel as required to the HR team.
Strategy Insights and Planning
- Understand business strategy, plan, and activities, assess needs and barriers in order to drive business performance through development and delivery of people strategy and solutions (e.g. leadership development and gaps, succession planning, acquisitions and integrations, etc.)
- Partner with leaders on developing short and longer term people strategies and annual goal setting process to ensure alignment to business groups strategic priorities
- Foster and execute people related solutions aligned to enterprise priorities and plans (e.g. acquisitions, divestitures and integrations, brand promise, customer experience, risk management and compliance, etc.), by partnering with COEs
- Provide ongoing HR consulting services to employees and leaders on HR programs, practices, policies, legislation and regulatory requirements including interpretation of policy, identification of risk, impact to the business and recommended solutions (e.g. diversity and inclusion, annual performance management compensation review process etc.).
- Guide and influence decisions on Talent Management including succession planning (e.g. profiling candidates, identification of enterprise wide talent, diversity, workforce planning etc.)
- Provide meaningful guidance and insights to leaders while facilitating talent roundtables and recommending action plans (e.g. forecasting talent pipeline requirements)
- Maintain awareness of emerging trends and best practices within business group and in external environment to ensure alignment of business objectives to the people strategy
- Partner with COEs to effectively provide business context as the COE designs, develops and implements annual HR programs (e.g. performance assessment planning, talent management activities including assessment of potential and succession planning, compensation reviews, etc.)
- Ensure a strong BMO-brand aligned approach for the business’ people related strategies; acting as liaison to positively influence and align the agendas of both the business and HR and to ensure the business context is communicated and understood by the COEs
- Provide thoughtful and effective coaching to leaders on performance management, structural and staffing issues, including compensation, organization design, employee engagement and overall organizational effectiveness
- Coach leaders to manage and maximize the skills/capabilities of their team members to create an environment of high performance and openness
- Proactively identify partnership opportunities to foster effective relationships between business and broader HR community (e.g. monthly update meetings, cross functional project teams, Town Halls, etc.)
Data Analysis, Processes and Systems
- Interpret and analyze management information and data to assist in making appropriate business decisions based on HR metrics and trends for business unit
- Guide HRBPs and COEs to ensure that business context (both internal and external) is applied to data analysis
- Drive workforce planning strategy in partnership with senior leaders, Workforce Solutions, Management Information and Strategic Workforce planning teams by proactively identifying resourcing issues and making recommendations based on predictive modelling and analytics (e.g. monitoring FTE levels, forecasting contingent and global resourcing talent)
- Advocate the use of BMO HR systems (e.g. myHR) to employees and managers to keep accurate data in the system
- Act as Project lead on people change initiatives and/or point of escalation for unresolved issues requiring alignment to resolution
- Anticipate people specific needs that drive business strategies forward
- Challenge the status quo in order to continuously add business value
- Turn ambiguous problems/blank pages into structured approaches and structured create change plan
- Be a steward of BMO’s risk culture
- Understand BMO’s risk management framework
- Apply governance to Bank policies and procedures, government legislation and regulatory requirements across various jurisdictions (e.g. FLSA)
- Engage Employee Relations to advise/guide leaders on difficult/complex ER matters (harassment, fraud, discrimination, termination)
- Comply with audit processes
- Adhere to policy and procedure documentation controls
- Not formal people management but incumbent might act as a leader, role model, coach, and mentor to HR BP team
- Second in command to Director & HRBP
- University degree/ college diploma
- Certified Human Resources Professional designation or equivalent completed preferred
- Minimum 7 years of progressively responsible and related experience in Human Resources including Performance Management, Talent Management, Learning and Development, Organization Design, Compensation principles as well as policies and related legislation
- Experience working in the financial services industry is an asset
- Advanced knowledge of business strategy and financial acumen to align both business objectives and HR strategies with corporate goals to maximize shareholder value
- Advanced relationship management and consulting skills
- Ability to earn the trust/respect of the business groups and leaders team
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of use of the HR processes and HR practices
- Advanced presentation, written and verbal communication skills which bring clarity and precision at various decision-making meetings
- Advanced problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Ability to effectively influence at a senior level
- Ability to lead and facilitate critical discussions ( e.g. leadership performance calibration, leadership talent roundtable)
- Able to deal with ambiguity, amongst multiple projects and competing priorities
- Strong diagnosis skills followed by good ability to evaluate options/alternatives and develop solutions/recommendations for solutions to complex and multi-dimensional problems/issues
- Strong project management skills and effective execution skills to ensure successful delivery/implementation of special initiatives, processes and policies
- Strong technical skills including: Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
To submit your application for this job, please go to:
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: