We are hiring a full-time home support worker to take care of the needs of a 10 years old boy with special needs. He is non-verbal and lives with physical disability and epilepsy. Our child requires a patient, reliable, flexible and highly-trusted companion.
Salary: $16 per hour for 40-44 hours per week. 4% Vacation.
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
- Completion of secondary/high school diploma
- Completion of a caregiver training program or equivalent experience.
- Minimum one year of experience in caregiving or home support of children with disabilities
- Training in Nursing or PSW is an asset.
- Fluency in English.
- Need someone who is trustworthy, caring, reliable, flexible and patient.
- Provide general care and companionship to a 10 years old child with special, complex needs.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Plan, prepare and administer a special diet through a G-Tube, as directed by the healthcare team
- Insert and maintain G-tube and check ketone levels regularly.
- Provide chest physio and assist with regular exercise, stretches
- Monitor and administer medications
- Accompany employer from the house to medical and other related appointments if needed.
- Light housekeeping and cleaning duties.
- Work hours: 9am-5pm. It may include some rotating weekends and evenings
- Overtime may be required on occasion and will be compensated as per the Employment Standards Act
- Weight handling: Able to handle up to 25 kgs (50 lbs)
- Work location: Public transportation available
- Work setting: work in employer’s/client’s home. Optional: accommodation is available at no charge on a live-in basis. Note: This is NOT a condition of employment.