Responsible for supervising the Day School Class Action (DSCA) Project Assistants that provide support services to clients across Canada on the Day School file. This is a hands-on position with the responsibility of ensuring that all deadlines are met on a daily basis while concurrently maintaining a high level of client service. This position receives limited direction or guidance; tasks and objectives are accomplished independently.
- Supervise the efforts of designated work group by establishing priorities and coordinating work schedules; motivating, coaching, completing performance reviews and participating in hiring, termination and disciplinary actions involving assigned team members.
- Manage workload within the group to ensure fair distribution of work and ensure work is carried out in a consistent manner and all deadlines are met.
- Responsible for work produced by their group including identifying and recommending solutions to issues and problems as they arise.
- Train new staff with respect to the system, policies and procedures as utilized by the work group.
- Make recommendations affecting group practices, processes, staffing, and performance development.
- Handle escalations or out-of-scope issues as required.
- Prepare reports using simple criteria and established report formats, may be required to prepare custom reports from inception or by modifying existing formats.
- Perform records and data management coordination functions, including data capture, entry, analysis and maintenance.
- Perform file management coordination functions, including organizing, managing and maintaining files.
- Respond to a high volume of phone calls and client requests, and actioning requests for information.
- Liaise with practice group members and assist with any other administrative or data issues as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 4 years relevant experience and 1 year supervisory experience.
- Post-secondary education with a diploma in Business or Administration.
- Previous project management experience an asset.
- Fast and accurate keyboarding/data-entry skills.
- Knowledge of electronic document management systems an asset.
- Ability to effectively handle large volumes of work and adapt to new processes.
- Ability to effectively handle large call volumes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other Firm members, with the aptitude to take care of clients’ needs in a professional and courteous manner while maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Capacity to work independently, as well as actively participate in and support a team.
- Ability to perform basic analytical work, using judgment and knowledge of processes and procedures covering the work to resolve problems.
- Produce a high quality and quantity of work product, occasionally under tight timelines.
- Able to prioritize and to redefine priorities when necessary.
- Handle stress in a business-like manner.
- Effective organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required. Knowledge of ScanSnap an asset.
Gowling WLG is proud to offer equal employment opportunities.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.