Company: VPC Group Inc.
Business Information: VPC Group Inc. is Canada’s leading manufacturer of urethane foam products for the furniture, bedding and flooring industries and is dedicated to providing exceptional service to customers. A privately owned company, VPC is committed to creating a positive work experience for all employees through an investment in technology, commitment to operational excellence, and open leadership.
Business Address: 150 Toro Rd., North York, ON, M3J 2A9
Work Location: 3220 56 Ave South East, Calgary, AB, T2C 0B1
Type of Employment: Full time–Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Complete maintenance and repair on specialized foam line, fabrication and rebond equipment.
- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Install, align, dismantle and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, such as pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors, furnaces and generators according to layout plans using hand and power tools
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices such as cranes, jacks and tractors to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and programmable logic controls
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts
- Operate machine tools such as lathes and grinders to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery
- Construct foundations for machinery or direct other workers to construct foundations
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment.
-Education: Completion of secondary school is required
-Experience: At least 3 – 4years of experience is required. If the candidate does not have 3-4 years of experience, then a post secondary certificate is required.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
Handling heavy loads
Salary: $34.00 to $36.00 Hourly, 40 hours
Benefits: Disability, Extended Medical insurance, dental insurance, Pension
Other benefits: Uniform, some tools, PPE
Please note that we are a 24 hour operation company that operates 6 days per week.
The schedule of work is as follows: Monday to Friday and occasionally at weekends. Shifts 7am – 3:30pm / 3:30pm to 11:00pm / 11pm to 7am
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 150 Toro Rd., North York, ON, M3J 2A9