- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
IT Project Manager
IT Project Manager
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
Manage complex information technology (IT) centred projects over the full project life-cycle. Provide leadership, guidance and technical expertise in the management of projects, directing project staff, contractors and vendor personnel with respect to execution of tasks, monitoring of activities and achievements, maintenance of schedules and monitoring of costs and project budgets.
- Develop, manage and maintain project schedules in Microsoft format or in PPM;
- Develop and maintain action plans for issues, identify and track risk mitigation plans, make recommendations as necessary to advance project;
- Develop and maintain change management logs for each project;
- Manage and report on project metrics including earned value, baseline, forecast, milestones and actual dates, cost and scope;
- Prepare weekly project status reports to the Program Manager, Project Control Office, project leadership team and sponsors as required;
- Create & maintain a project library on SharePoint and coordinate collection and filing of project documentation that satisfy the project management methodology;
- Maintain contracts and contract changes, project change orders, work schedules and requirements changes as required to meet project objectives;
- Review vendor purchase requisitions, invoices, validate fees and recommend for approval;
- Ensure project resources deliver desired results within budget and schedule;
- Communicate Hydro One internal and ISD priorities to staff, contractors and vendors to ensure conformance to the organizational objectives;
- Build team alignment amongst staff, contractors and vendor personnel with diverse backgrounds many of whom will be working together for the first time, during the duration of a project;
- Demonstrate business acumen by translating technical options into business objectives;
- Resolve or facilitate resolution of technical, business and personnel issues; escalate unresolved issues in a timely manner to supervisors.
- 10-14 years of relevant IT and project management experience;
- BA or BSc in Computer Science, Engineering;
- Experience managing IT projects predominantly in IT Infrastructure domains;
- Working knowledge of a Project Portfolio Management software, e.g. HP PPM.
- Enhanced Management Framework for the management of IT / projects;
- Deep knowledge of the project management concepts, techniques, methods and tools and industry best practices in the project management concepts, techniques, methods and tools and industry best practices in the management of projects in an IT environment (e.g. PMI Project Management Body of Knowledge PMBoK);
- Project estimating and planning techniques;
- Project progress monitoring and status reporting;
- Effective management and escalation of changes, risks and issues.
Demonstrated Management Skills:
- Communication of Project Management Processes to business and service providers;
- Ability to persuade, convince, influence and negotiate;
- Initiative – takes action, proactively doing things and thinking ahead;
- Information seeking – ability to acquire information relevant to the achievement of valued goals;
- Strategic business thinking – ability to apply their technical knowledge and experience to facilitate management decisions for achieving business objectives;
- Team leadership – ability to take a role as leader of a team or other group.
- Experience with infrastructure projects deploying such technologies as:
- Virtualized hardware (e.g. VMWare ESXi)
- Enterprise Data Storage systems (e.g. Hitachi Virtual Storage)
- Diverse Operating Systems (e.g. Windows Server 2003/8/12/16, Linux, Appliance, etc.)
- Network switches, routers and firewalls (e.g. Cisco and FortiGate)
- Experience with complex and secure architectures including:
- Multiple firewall layers
- Multi-factor authentication
- Intrusion detection and protection monitoring
- Configuration change management monitoring
- Mature security controls and protocols requiring vulnerability assessments
- Experience with utility systems and regulations including:
- NERC compliance requirements
- SCADA systems
- OMS/DMS systems
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2019.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email email@example.com. Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: July 9, 2019
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: