Company operating name: Advanced Plumbing Inc.
Company business address: 113 Annette St. Unit 3 Toronto ON M6P 1N8
Title of the position: Licensed Plumber
– Service and install complete residential plumbing systems including rough-in and finishing of common fixtures. Applicants should be comfortable with the rough in and finishing of a residential home and most commercial applications.
– Able to read and understand plumbing blueprints and follow installation instructions.
– Respond to plumbing service calls including leaks, drain blockages, sump pump issues, blocked toilets/urinals, replacement of faucets, hot water tanks and boilers, trouble shooting plumbing systems.
– Modifications, repairs, installation of various piping systems including copper, PEX, plastic drainage, Sch 40 black pipe, cast iron.
– Operate various plumbing specific machinery including but not limited to: powerwash/hydrojetting machinery, cable machines and other drain cleaning equipment, video inspection and locate devices.
– Provide after hours on call emergency service (on rotation)
– Ability to communicate both verbally, and electronically (email, text and quotation software) with the dispatching office, customer and other contractors to efficiently coordinate and complete tasks. Must be proficient in use of technology including Ipad and desktop/laptop computers.
– Be in constant contact with dispatcher, customer and coworkers.
Terms of employment: Full-Time, Permanent
The language of work: English
Wage: $31 – $40/hour
Benefits package being offered: None
Location or locations of work: Greater Toronto Area
– Installation, repairs and maintenance on plumbing fixtures
– Ability to locate and mark positions for piping
– Measure and scale drain project
– Ability to supervise 1-2 coworkers
-Steel-toed safety boots
Security and Safety
– Criminal record check, Driving record check (abstract)
-Valid drivers license
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
-Physically demanding, work under pressure, handling heavy loads, bending, crouching and kneeling.
Work Location information
Work Site Environment
– Confined spaces, wet/damp
– Excellent written communication, Judgment, Effective interpersonal skills, Accurate, Team player, Excellent oral communication, Presentable, Client Focused
– Prepare tenders and quotations, Instruct apprentices, Schedule personnel, tools and equipment, Supervise other workers, Estimate costs and materials
-Read blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine layout of plumbing system, water supply network and waste and drainage systems, Install, repair and maintain domestic, commercial or industrial plumbing fixtures and systems, Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors, Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings, Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment, Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges, Determine piping system requirements and pipe sizing, Measure, cut, thread and bend pipes to required shape and size
-Completion of Secondary School
-Trade Certification as a plumber
Required work experience:
At least 5 years of experience as a plumber
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $31.00 to $40.00 /hour