- Quebec NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Manager, Business Analysis and Requirements Management
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada’s most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, Chile and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the Manager, Business Analysis and Requirements Management will have the primary responsibility of eliciting, analyzing, validating, documenting and managing requirements throughout the project life cycle. The Manager will work with, consult and support various project team members including business leads, architects, developers and testers in order to deliver business requirements. The Manager, Business Analysis and Requirements Management will often be engaged with Business Line staff prior to project initiation to help clarify and formalize the project objectives and scope. This individual will be a key member of the IBS team dedicated to delivering business requirements and supporting initiatives aimed at achieving Business Line objectives (e.g. enhancing profitability and/or operational or service level efficiencies, safeguarding portfolio quality, and improving management information for more rigorous management of the business)
1. Performs the Business Analysis and Requirements Management functions for IBS.
* Elicits, facilitates and documents detailed business requirements and processes for Retail Product & Services Systems, using IBS approved Business Requirement Methodology.
* Contributes to all aspects of the business requirements process including planning and scheduling resources, contributing to risk assessment and cost/benefit analysis, establishing milestones and deliverables, and recommending user and management approval.
* Supports the Sr. Manager by providing insight into scope management and project deliverables.
* Participates in the discovery process with business lines to help define scope, requirements and planning which includes detailed requirements discussions to determine/validate business line’s needs, and captures accurate and detailed documentation of business requirements agreed upon by the Business Line, IBS and other stakeholders.
* Contributes to discussions on solutions and executes assigned priorities objectively with consideration and awareness of potential impact on other initiatives.
* Provides advice and counsel to business partners on complex issues.
* Reviews and recommends signoff/approval of External Design Documents (EDDs) and other documents such as communication materials as required.
* Recommends sign off on all Business Requirements documents agreed upon by all stakeholders.
2. Represents the Business Line interests in discussions with IT&S and other stakeholders during the creation and review of External Design documents (EDD), and as appropriate, recommend IBS Sr. Management’s sign off on behalf of the Business Line of the EDD and Traceability Matrix used as part of the IBS business requirement methodology.
3. Collaborates with, and contributes to the Business Requirements Centre of Expertise by ensuring the agreed IBS Business Requirements methodology is consistently utilized.
4. Acquires and enhances knowledge of business drivers, products and processes across multiple business lines and the technology platforms that support them. Stays abreast of both the Bank’s and the Division’s business strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies, product offerings, financial markets, financial instruments, regulatory requirements, Back Office processes, and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to the end user business lines.
5. Acts as liaison/facilitator between project team and Business Line to ensure business requirements are being met. Drive and manage the Business Requirements Project Plan, ensuring that it reflects planned and actual changes to scope, etc.
6. Reports to the Project team, IBS management, Stakeholders and Sponsors on overall status, issues or risks that may impact the requirements timeline.
7. Contribute and support the Business Analysis and Requirements Management team by:
* Providing input into the strategic direction, objectives and performance metrics for IBS;
* Providing counsel and coaching to other team members;
* Using industry-leading requirements management methodologies;
* Identifying and requesting formal training in Business Analysis and Requirements Management as needed;
* Fostering and encouraging an environment of collaboration and teamwork between the Relationship Management, Business Analysis and Requirements Management and Projects and Process Delivery teams within IBS.
* A minimum of 5 years experience in Business Analyst role with demonstrated ability to apply business analysis techniques or best practices to increasingly complex projects or initiatives.
* Proven effectiveness in facilitation of medium to large cross functional groups with the ability to effectively manage conflict and build consensus.
* Ability to multi-task while working in a fast paced changing environment.
Take an exciting and challenging position in Integrated Business Solutions! Your team spirit, customer focus and analytical abilities will enable you to work on a results oriented team that supports Retail Product & Services, including Real Estate Secured Lending (both Branch and Alternate Delivery Channels), Unsecured Lending, Retail Credit Risk, Automotive Finance & Indirect Lending, Small Business, and Insurance Canada.
Scotiabank is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: