Make the most of your community capacity building expertise and your leadership abilities with the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport.
We are seeking an experienced manager to lead a dynamic team in the development and implementation of capacity building strategies to support the government’s agenda in sport and recreation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Manage the planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of provincial community capacity building priorities and strategies for sport and recreation
• Develop and strengthen community sport and recreation systems supporting physical activity, resulting in a more physically active Ontario, increased participation in sport and recreation and increased participation by people from under-represented groups.
• Provide community program expertise and briefings directly to the Assistant Deputy Minister, Deputy Minister, and Minister
• Ensure collaborative program design, development and delivery, and effective partnership development;
• Manage the delivery of community capacity building programs and initiatives, including the following high profile programs: Community Grant Program, After School, Aboriginal Programs;
• Manage the design, development, implementation and evaluation of grants administration, funding proposals, transfer payment agreements, accountability, governance and reporting framework;
• Manage the assessment and analysis of critical development to sport and recreation within regional and community organizations;
• Manage key projects, and provide strategic advice and expertise to senior management;
• Provide leadership, coaching and direction to employees, and oversee financial and human resources management.
• Other duties as required
How do I qualify?
You have knowledge of community development and capacity building, program development, implementation, evaluation and partnership development methods and techniques, research tools and methods
• You demonstrate expertise in the field of sport and recreation, and you have knowledge of the government’s social and economic interests and priorities in sport and recreation
• You have knowledge of government funding management and grants management systems
• You have knowledge of working with indigenous groups and organizations as well as First Nation Band Councils
Management and Leadership Skills
You can provide leadership in the delivery of community capacity building programs and initiatives
• You have knowledge of sound human resources practices to manage staff, provide coaching and direction, and foster a strong committed team
Issues Management and Problem-Solving Skills
You have knowledge of issues and risk management strategies
• You can manage the analysis, assessment and resolution of program related issues
Communication, Relationship Management and Consultation Skills
You can develop public consultations, and manage consultation and partnership processes
• You can develop and present capacity building strategies, performance standards, business plans and briefing materials
Project Management Skills
You have knowledge of project management methodologies and principles to lead multiple, concurrent projects
Salary Range: $76,726 – $100,240 per year
1 Permanent, 777 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Tuesday, December 20, 2016, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 98553 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.