- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Manager, Public Policy
Manager, Public Policy
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
Through proactive, thoughtful engagement across Hydro One, the Manager, Public Policy will develop and inform energy policy for the benefit of Hydro One.
- Manage and support staff and oversee their development, work structure and measure outcomes of the Policy and Partnerships Program.
- Support public policy activities internal and external to the organization including consultation, development, drafting, implementation and evaluation.
- Develop strong rapport and relationships with all stakeholder groups, internal and external, allowing for open and constructive communication.
- Provide stakeholder relations assistance in a manner that enhances and/or improves the Company’s corporate reputation.
- Monitor and analyze government directions and industry leadership in North America and elsewhere.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and compelling communication materials, including, but not limited to briefing notes, consultation report and white papers.
- Highly developed organizational, analytical, and conceptual abilities – demonstrated insight and the ability to establish innovative solutions to complex issues
- Minimum 5 years of policy, government and stakeholder management experience.
- Principled leadership, reliability, judgment, and sound business ethics.
- Team leadership, proven ability to take a role as leader of a team or other group.
- Analytical thinking, ability to understand a situation by segmenting and tracing implications step by step.
- Client-Service Orientation, desire to help or serve others, to meet their needs.
- Interest in developing others, takes action to foster the long-term learning and development of others.
- Directness, able to insist others comply with one’s wishes where the power of one’s position is used appropriately and effectively, with the long-term good of the organization in mind.
- Impact and Influence, able to persuade, convince, influence or impress others
- Initiative, takes action, proactively doing things and not simply thinking about future actions.
- University Degree in Public Administration, Public Policy or Business Administration is preferred.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2019.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: July 9, 2019
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: