- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Manager, Social Media and Digital Marketing
|Posting ID :||11030|
|Apply By :||7/2/2019|
|Position Title :||Manager, Social Media and Digital Marketing|
|Department :||External Relations (CPAM)|
|Job Type :||Full-time, Continuing|
|Reports To :||Director, Communications and Public Affairs and Director, Marketing and Creative Services|
|Position Summary :|
Wilfrid Laurier University is a leading multi-campus, university known for academic excellence and a culture that inspires lives of leadership and purpose. Laurier has a distinct commitment to teaching, research, experiential learning, sustainability and scholarship, which combine to address critical challenges in society, business, the economy and the environment – globally and in the communities we serve. At Laurier’s heart is its strong student focus, which results in exceptional levels of student satisfaction and a deep sense of community that lives on through the university’s highly engaged alumni.
Laurier takes pride in building meaningful relationships with colleagues and students. The Laurier community supports one another, encourages collaboration and teamwork and respects work/life balance, all while recognizing the importance of a challenging, rewarding and inspiring career. Laurier has more than 19,000 students and 2,100 faculty and staff across campuses in Waterloo and Brantford, as well as locations in Kitchener and Toronto.
Diversity is one of Laurier’s core values. The university is committed to providing an inclusive workplace and employing a workforce that is reflective of local and national demographics. Our locations are situated on the traditional territories of the Neutral, Anishnawbe, and Haudenosaunee peoples. We recognize the unique heritages of Indigenous peoples and support their intentions to preserve and express their distinctive Indigenous cultures, histories, and knowledge through academic programming and co-curricular activities. Laurier’s Centre for Indigegogy is one example of how Laurier honours Indigenous knowledge.
We currently have an opportunity to join the Laurier community as a Manager, Social Media and Digital Marketing.
As a member of Wilfrid Laurier University’s External Relations management team, the Manager: Social Media and Digital Marketing plays a key role in enhancing the university’s strategic social media and digital marketing efforts. Working along with the full communications team, internal stakeholders and outside vendors, the manager evaluates emerging trends and technologies to develop creative strategies, to help manage and measure multi-channel digital media campaigns, and to identify opportunities to integrate digital, social and video strategies. The Manager: Social Media and Digital Marketing plays a key role in developing and overseeing the implementation of the university’s institutional social media strategy and social media guidelines, as well as overseeing content creation and direct engagement with the university’s key internal and external stakeholders on social media. The manager provides strategic support to the university’s social media administrators through direct counsel and by developing training and professional development programs. The manager evaluates and approves requests for new university social media accounts, and oversees the annual audit of existing accounts. The Manager: Social Media and Digital Marketing contributes to External Relations’ institutional crisis and issues management efforts by monitoring for and responding to issues on social media in accordance with the university’s crisis/issues management strategies.
- Identifies trends and insights and evaluates emerging technologies to inform new and creative strategies for social media and digital campaigns.
- Works with the Director: Marketing and Creative Services, internal colleagues and outside digital media agency to help manage digital media campaigns.
- Measures and reports performance against strategic objectives of all internal digital marketing and social media campaigns and collaborates with agency on external campaigns.
- Works with Director: Marketing and Creative Services and Director: Communications and Public Affairs to drive relevant and effective multi-channel digital and social media campaign development and new content creation, and collaborates with internal stakeholders and external agencies as appropriate.
- Identifies opportunities to repurpose existing marketing and communications assets into other forms of content, updating and modifying them as needed, and work to further integrate digital, social and video strategies.
- Works with Director: Communications and Public Affairs and plays a lead role in the ongoing development of the university’s social media strategy and associated campaigns. Oversees the work of the Social Media Strategist in the implementation of the strategies and campaigns.
- Manages the work of the Social Media Strategist in seeking opportunities to promote the university through social media, creating and posting social media content (text, photo, graphics and video), and monitoring social media channels.
- Monitors social media channels specifically for reputational issues involving Laurier, and alerts management colleagues as appropriate.
- Works with Communications and Public Affairs management to provide social media guidance and response for crisis and issues management in accordance with university’s crisis/issues management strategies.
- Evaluates and reports on social media analytics gathered by Social Media Strategist, and along with associate directors, uses information to inform future strategy development.
- Provides strategic counsel to social media administrators across the university. Develops training programs, and delivers along with Social Media Strategist as necessary.
- Develops and oversees annual audit of Laurier’s official social media sites.
- Along with Social Media Strategist, develops agendas and professional development content for quarterly Social Media Administrators’ Group (SMAG).
- Approves social media strategy form submissions from Laurier departments who would like to establish social media accounts.
- Along with Director: Communications and Public Affairs, reviews and updates the university’s social media guidelines; works with Social Media Strategist to ensure compliance by university accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or a related discipline.
- Minimum of four years’ work experience in social media strategy and content development.
- Supervisory experience in a communications and/or social media role.
- Passion for the digital landscape and interest in staying abreast of emerging trends.
- Work experience in digital marketing campaigns, including proficiency in the use of digital advertising platforms including Google AdWords and Facebook.
- Demonstrated understanding of distinct segments and how to best target individuals in different segments using digital marketing platforms.
- In-depth knowledge of social media channels, platforms and best practices.
- Work experience developing, implementing and measuring social media strategies.
- Work experience creating and posting communications content to social media and websites.
- Work experience using social media for crisis/issues management.
- Work experience developing and generating social media monitoring reports.
- Work experience as a mentor and trainer in social media best practices.
- Work experience shooting, editing and posting video content.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including work experience writing news, web and marketing content.
- Superior proofreading skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills and proven ability to uphold a collaborative approach in a team environment.
- Superior ability to exercise sound judgment with regard to developing appropriate tone and content for organizational social media posts regarding sensitive topics.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong problem-solving and prioritizing skills in a multi-task environment.
- Appreciation of diverse perspectives and ability to work with diverse groups including internal and external stakeholders.
|Salary :||$74,918 – $93,647|
|Salary Notes :||This is a full-time, continuing position. The anticipated start date for this position is July 29, 2019.|
|Please Note :||Please submit a cover letter and resume.|
Wilfrid Laurier University endeavors to fill positions with qualified candidates who have a combination of education, experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position while demonstrating Laurier’s Employee Success Factors.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: