Manufacturing Plant Manager (Foam Plant Manager – Polyurethane Foam Expert)
Company: VPC Group Inc.
Business Information: VPC Group Inc. is a Canadian manufacturer specializing in converting chemicals and fibre into quality foam and nonwoven products for the home furnishing markets. A privately owned company, VPC Group is committed to creating a positive work experience for employees by providing them with a safe work environment and opportunities for growth. VPC Group has become a supplier of choice by committing to operational excellence, investing in technology, and being close to our customers to deliver exceptional service.
Business Address: 150 Toro Rd., North York, ON, M3J 2A9
Work Location: 4 West Drive, Brampton, ON L6T 2H7
Type of Employment: Full time–Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Plan, organize, direct and schedule foam product production
• Plan and manage the establishment of departmental budget.
• Plan and implement changes to machinery and equipment, production systems and methods of work.
• Develop production schedules and maintain an inventory of raw materials and finished products. Ensure raw materials are received and properly labelled as per WHMIS regulation
• Develop equipment maintenance schedules and recommend the replacement of machines.
• Direct quality control inspections. Ensure that foam produced meet customer specifications and quality standards
• Lead continuous improvement initiatives
• Prepare and discuss costing, efficiency of chemical usage and reports
• Ensure safe operation of machinery, such as hoists, conveyors and saws, packing equipment
• Manages set up and shut down of fibre line equipment, ensuring strict procedural and maintenance guidelines are followed
• Monitor foam production process and ensure smooth operation with minimal waste
• Lead continuous improvement initiatives
-Education: Completion of a college or university program in chemical engineering or equivalent is required.
-Experience: At least 5 years of experience in manufacturing are required.
-Leadership experience required
-Must be dependable, trustworthy and value accountability
-TDG training required
Technical Knowledge Required
-Master of chemical formulations
-Extensive knowledge and experience with Polyurethane foam manufacturing
-In-depth applied knowledge of Pour Line equipment (pour heads, conveyors, controls)
-Demonstrated ability to solve problems with tight deadlines and under pressure
-Pronounced ability to react to changes and make critical decisions quickly
-Mathematical skills, understanding and ability to set parameters ability to think and act logically
-Demonstrated ability to identify and troubleshoot technical problems
-Process oriented with a technical aptitude
-Computer savvy – must be able to use Microsoft Outlook, experience using ERP system an asset
•High sense of urgency and initiative
•Ability to work until the job is complete
Health and Safety
•High regard for safety of self and others
•High attention to detail and regard for following procedures; ensures others do as well
•Demonstrated tact and experience in handling hazardous materials
•Serve as an example in abiding by all safety policies, procedures and best practices
•Identify, report and avoid all hazards
•Operate with safety in mind at all times
•Report any near misses and encourage other to do the same
•Hands on leader, leads by example
•Encourages and shows appreciation for team member contributions
•Involves team in decision making process
•Ability to motivate team to keep working until job is done
•Generates excitement around achievement of goals
•Keeps team focused, calm and responsive under pressure
•Strong command of the English language (must be able to read, write and speak fluently)
•Ability to present information and discuss alternatives with senior management
•Ability to engage line workers and provide direction in manner that is understood by different personalities
Salary: $48.07 per hour, 40 hours per week.
We provide disability benefits, extended medical insurance and dental insurance benefits, pension plan benefits
Work schedule is from Monday to Friday, from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 150 Toro Rd., North York, ON, M3J 2A9