You’re a storyteller through and through, and like nothing better than spreading the word far and wide. You’re curious – and ask questions to find the extraordinary in the everyday. You bring energy and enthusiasm to everything you do and you’re eager to explore (and share!) how the canoe can connect us all.
The Canadian Canoe Museum has embarked on a once-in-a-lifetime journey to its new home at the water’s edge. With local, provincial, national and international audiences, and so many stories to tell, we are seeking a Marketing and Social Media Specialist to get on board.
Not a paddler? Not a problem. Bring your sense of adventure.
Overview of responsibilities:
The Marketing and Social Media Specialist works to support all areas of the organization in reaching its diverse, but very valued audiences and stakeholders. Through the creation, curation and dissemination of compelling content, the incumbent will support the achievement of the organization’s goals. Social media savvy and superior technical skills, along with the ability to connect and converse online, are among the requirements of this role. This is a generalist position – perfect for someone who is nimble, adaptable and adept at multitasking.
• Contribute to the creation of an organization-wide marketing strategy.
• Create an annual tactical marketing plan that supports the multifaceted activities and objectives of the organization across all areas, including Curatorial, Philanthropy and, Education and Public Programs.
• Execute the tactical marketing plan, and be the key resource for promotions, which will include, but not be limited to media relations, social media, advertising, community relations and partnerships, web site and blog, events and outreach, and collateral materials.
Media relations – In concert with the Director of Communications, provide opportunities for, and build relationships with, local, provincial and national media.
Social media – Create content for and manage the museum’s social media channels to their full functionality. Further engagement and reach based on the strategic analysis of metrics.
Advertising – Coordinate ad buys and creative.
Community relations and partnerships – Identify opportunities and work to build and foster relationships.
Web site and blog – Responsible for regular and ongoing web site updates and maintenance.
Events and outreach – Coordinate, attend and manage the delivery of off-site events and promotional outreach.
Collateral materials – Coordinate the creation of brochures, rack cards, roll up banners, etc.
E-newsletter – Responsible for the curation of a monthly e-newsletter.
• Work collaboratively with, and support, the Director of Communications on operational, new museum project and capital campaign-related priorities.
• Other duties as assigned.
• A bachelor’s degree combined with at least three years’ experience in advertising, journalism, marketing or public relations
• Demonstrated experience managing social media platforms on a daily basis and knowledge of social media best practices, metrics and analytics
• Demonstrated experience developing content, writing social media and blog posts, articles, ad copy and media releases
• Demonstrated experience managing a web site (Word Press)
• Exceptional writing and editing skills and unparalleled attention to detail
• A flair for photography and basic video editing skills
• Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills
• Graphic design experience, and a working knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign are assets
• Problem-solving and analytical skills and you are creative and curious
• A collaborative, service-oriented approach
Reports to: Director of Communications
Terms: Full-time salaried position with occasional evening and weekend work
Compensation: Annual salary $40,000 to $45,000 paid out bi-weekly
Vacation Leave: 2 weeks
The Canadian Canoe Museum is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you would like to be part of our dynamic and dedicated team, please email a cover letter and your confidential resume to Alicia Doris, Director of Communications, email@example.com, by Tuesday, June 18, 2019.