Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business (CCAB)
Membership and Graphics Trainee
CCAB invites applications for the full-time contract position of Membership and Graphics Trainee. If you are hard-working, creative, and detail orientated individual that is committed to working for the benefit of the Aboriginal community — we want to hear from you.
CCAB is a national non-profit charitable organization founded in 1984, which is committed to the full participation of Aboriginal peoples in the Canadian economy. CCAB offers knowledge, resources, and programs to both business Canada and the Aboriginal owned member companies to help foster relationships and economic opportunities across Canada.
The individual will have a minimum of one year administrative experience with willingness to learn about graphic design. The right candidate must be energetic, a self-starter, creative and work well within a deadline driven environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The administration and monitoring of membership fees and member profiles;
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date membership database system;
- Assisting with the correspondence and communications for the Membership department;
- Assisting with the invoicing lists for monthly membership renewals;
- Supporting the planning and execution of CCAB’s national roundtables;
- Maintaining positive relationships with existing CCAB members by providing knowledgeable support regarding CCAB’s membership;
- Updating CCAB’s current graphics needs for monthly events;
- Assisting Communications, Events and Programs department’s on-going graphic needs;
- Possibility of assisting with larger graphic projects depending on the individual’s graphic familiarity;
- Managing CCAB’s internal daily graphic needs that includes updating existing templates;
- All other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary diploma/degree or relevant work experience;
- Minimum 1-2 years of job related experience;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office;
- Knowledge of graphic design programs is considered a strong asset;
- Previous experience with invoicing or accounting departments would be preferred;
- Effective interpersonal skills and a collaborative working style;
- Exceptional customer service skills;
- Good judgement, discretion, tact and the ability to work easily with senior leaders within the charitable, government or business sectors;
- Established connections within the Aboriginal business community and non-profit is an asset;
- All qualified candidates must be registered with Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training.
This is a full-time contract position starting immediately with a total of 35 hours a week at the rate of $16.50 an hour. This position is funded until March 31, 2016 with the possibility of an extension.
Those qualified are asked to submit a cover letter with resume, outlining your experience and suitability for the position to Hiring Committee at HR@ccab.com. The deadline is May 15th 2015 at midnight EDT.
Information regarding CCAB is available at: www.ccab.com
We thank all applicants in advance, however only those invited to be interviewed will be contacted. Please no telephone calls.
Thank you to our sponsors for providing the funding for this position.