Mental health worker (mental health transition worker-mentor)
Company: Hatts Off Inc.
Business information: Hatts Off is an agency of residential treatment based homes, residential treatment based foster homes and treatment based adult transition homes. At present, we have youth in our care ranging in age from 3 years old to young adults. The clients tend to present a variety of clinical, mental health, behavioural based challenges. Often these clients have been through a number of placements and require specialized treatment based care prior to their arrival.
Business address: Head office – 392 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON L8P 1K4
Work Location: 1 Milton Avenue, Hamilton, ON L8N 6E5
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Provide mentorship to clients
- Obtain information and prepare reports or case histories
- Appraise clients’ needs or eligibility for specific services
- Implement life skills workshops
- Assist with clients’ relevant skill strengths and development needs
- Conduct follow-up assessments
- Develop, co-ordinate and implement the delivery of specific services within the community
- Support in providing suicide and crisis intervention
- Resolve conflict situations
- Supervise activities of clients living in treatment based housing and mentorship based housing
- Supervise clients’ visits with parents to ensure their safety
- Assist offenders in pre-release and release planning
- Implement substance abuse treatment programs
- Implement behaviour management programs
- Conduct individual and group counselling sessions
- Assist clients with special needs
- Personal support work
- Daily living skills assistance
- Accompany clients to appointments, doctor/therapist appointments, social outings and other professionals’ therapeutic programming.
- Administrative and office activities
- Housekeeping activities
Education and experience:
-Completion of a college or university program in social work, child and youth care, psychology or other social science or health-related discipline is required OR Previous work experience in a social service environment as a volunteer or in a support capacity replaces the mentioned education requirement.
-First Aid certificate is an asset
- Excellent oral communication
- Judgment, Initiative
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Client focus
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Physically demanding
- Street population, Young offenders, Males, Females, Culturally diverse groups, Adolescents, Children, Young adults, Persons with mental health disabilities
Salary: $21.52, 40 Hours per week.
Benefits: Disability, dental and extended medical insurance provided. Meals provided.
-Rotating shift work, work days are Monday to Sunday, days off will be assigned on a rotational basis. Shifts will be distributed like this:
Mornings: 7AM to 3PM
Afternoon-Evenings: 3PM to 11PM
Overnights: 11PM to 7AM
– We are currently looking for people that can provide assistance and support to our clients in their daily activities so that they can have a better lifestyle. Hatts Off is committed to the provision of excellent long-term care and treatment for our clients.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by fax: 905-521-6838