FACTOR is a private, non-profit organization that distributes grants and loans to the Canadian independent music industry. We are committed to creating a diverse workplace and to providing a work environment that supports both personal and professional growth.
Located in downtown Toronto, FACTOR is seeking a full-time OFFICE COORDINATOR. This is a one-year contract position. The Office Coordinator is responsible for a wide range of operational and administrative tasks. The right candidate for this position has excellent written and oral communication skills, is friendly and efficient, organized, outgoing and discreet. Can work with minimal supervision but enjoys contributing to the team. Responsibilities include:
- Board administration including scheduling, distribution of materials, preparing agendas and minutes
- Event coordination including board and committee meetings, special events, and occasional off-site events.
- Providing administrative support to Client Services, Operations and Accounting departments
- Reception, shipping, mail, office supplies
- Facility management including phone systems, kitchen supplies, cleaner service, communicating with landlord and building manager, coordinating catering
- Handling public inquiries via phone, email, in person
To qualify for this position you must have:
- At least 2 years professional experience in an administrative or office environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written (spelling and grammar) and verbal
- Strong computer skills, especially Windows and MS Office suite
- Strong knowledge of the Canadian music industry
Additional assets can include:
- Music industry, non-governmental organization, or arts funding experience
- Board or committee experience
- Post-secondary education
- A second language
- Database experience, especially CRM
- HTML, WordPress, graphic design skills
This is an entry-level position. The salary offer is appropriate for the non-profit sector. FACTOR offers a generous benefits package after a three-month probation.
Interested applicants should forward their résumé, along with a cover letter indicating salary expectations by end of day Wednesday, July 11, 2018 to: email@example.com
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for an interview.