Neskantaga Education Authority is inviting applicants for:
One (1) Special Education Teacher Position
for the Neskantaga Education Centre with a contract from August 27, 2018 to June 22, 2019, and including an Employee Benefit Package.
We are seeking committed individuals, who will contribute to our school and to the community, and who will become involved in extra-curricular activities when required.
Preferred candidates will have the following assets and qualifications:
- Membership in good standing with OCT or ability to register;
- Special Education Qualifications (Specialist preferred);
- Appreciation and understanding of Aboriginal culture and traditions;
- Experience residing in northern communities and working in First Nation schools;
- A sense of adventure;
- Willingness to become involved in extracurricular activities;
- Demonstrated ability to write, revise, edit and apply Individual Education Plans;
- Fluency in Ojibway is an asset;
- Must possess the willingness, along with physical ability, to work with students with many diverse needs; and
- Flexibility, patience and the ability to work closely with teachers, parents and educational leadership.
Salary: Commensurate with education/knowledge as per NEA Salary Grid.
If interested, please submit the following as part of your application:
- A current Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Qualification, or proof of pending registration;
- Proof of Special Education Qualifications;
- Recent Criminal Record Check (2018), including a vulnerable sector check, or proof of present application;
- Cover letter; and
- Resume including three current references (most recent Principal/Education Director/Board Member) and permission to contact.
Please submit your application package to:
Neskantaga Education Authority
P.O. Box 103
Lansdowne House, Ontario
Attn: Tony Sakanee, NEA Education Director
Fax: (807) 479-2512
Phone: (807) 479-2698 or 479-2570
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working with Neskantaga Education Authority; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.