The Canadian Museum for Human Rights (CMHR) is the first museum in the world solely dedicated to the evolution, celebration and future of human rights. It is the first national museum in Canada to be built outside the National Capital Region. Located in the heart of Canada in Winnipeg, Manitoba, the CMHR rises from the Prairie earth at The Forks, which has been a meeting place for over six thousand years.
The CMHR delivers an immersive, interactive and memorable experience for visitors of every background, age and ability. Each visitor has access to a fully reinvented museum experience that reflects a design approach that sets new Canadian and world standards for inclusion and universal accessibility.
We are seeking talented individuals who are motivated to share their passion and commitment to join our team. Together, we aim to enhance the public’s understanding of human rights, to promote respect for others, and to encourage reflection and dialogue.
Reporting to the Manager, Retail, Branding and Licensing, the Online Boutique Coordinator will be responsible for providing exceptional service to online customers/e-visitors by maintaining a welcoming, accessible and informative Boutique website and overseeing efficient order processing and shipping. The Online Boutique Coordinator will serve as the primary contact for online sales and resolution of customer/e-visitor issues. This position will also provide back-up to the Retail Associates when needed
- Work closely with Manager, Retail, Branding and Licensing and Assistant Manager/Buyer to create and maintain Boutique policies and procedures.
- Fill online sales orders, pick, pack, ship and trace all shipments to meet expected delivery times (log tracking #), working closely with Shipper/Receiver.
- Respond to customer/e-visitor inquiries within one business day.
- Maintain and update content on Boutique website, including selecting product images, creating product descriptions, updating prices and availability.
- Coordinate translation of product descriptions and image descriptive text (alt-text).
- Coordinate the photography of products.
- Operate a POS (point of sale) system including credit and debit card processing.
- Coordinate the processing of all online sales and tracking of deliveries.
- Coordinate the processing of all returns and exchanges, receive and sign for packages, check products for damages, record return information, confirm timeframes, and process returns/refunds in POS.
- Investigate and resolve customer issues including delivery discrepancies and damaged merchandise.
- Work closely with Assistant Manager/Buyer to coordinate all logistical aspects related to inventory, quality control and warehouse requirements, and to establish promotions as appropriate.
- Work closely with IT and Website teams to create and maintain a welcoming, fully accessible and informative Boutique website.
- Manage and maintain log for repairs and issues including tracking, recording and shipping.
- Submit FedEx or Canada Post claims based on tracer results and work with the shipper/ receiver for adjustments.
- Proactively suggest improvements to overall Boutique operations.
- Operate an inventory management system, maintain inventory records, and assist with physical inventory counts.
- Maintain knowledge of retail policies and procedures, and related security practices.
- Maintain knowledge of product benefits and features, current sales and promotions, and share knowledge with customers/e-visitors as appropriate.
- Maintain knowledge of taxation rules and shipping rates for goods across Canada and internationally.
- Address staff and customer/e-visitor concerns and complaints, escalating to Supervisor, Retail Operations when deemed necessary.
- Stay informed about current and future Museum exhibitions and programs.
- May assist with sales transactions in the Boutique.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications – Required
- 1-2 years of related retail experience in an online setting, or equivalent combination of experiences
- Minimum of one year’s experience operating a POS (point of sale) system
- Ability to communicate effectively in both official languages, oral and written
- Proficient in MS Office, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- High accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to sensitively address staff and customer/e-visitor concerns and complaints
- Available to work shifts (weekdays, weekends, evenings and general holidays)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities and assignments in order to meet deadlines
- Self-starter who takes initiative
Skills and Qualifications – Desired
- Experience operating/maintaining an online store
- Knowledge of general security practices in a retail setting
- Demonstrated ability to use Photoshop software
- Ability to communicate in additional languages
- Experience working with and providing direction to volunteers
- Experience working as part of a team
- Experience with visual merchandising
- Experience using an inventory management system
- Ability to forecast retail and fashion trends
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Well organized with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and adapt to shifting demands and priorities
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to exercise sound judgement
- Polite, positive, attentive, kind and caring
- Demonstrated commitment to human rights
Official Language Proficiency:
- BBB – Written Comprehension, Written Expression and Oral Proficiency in French, Level B (Intermediate)
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Flexible work hours, including weekdays, weekends, evenings and general holidays
- Occasional lifting required (up to 20 pounds)
- May require standing, bending, reaching and lifting as well as use of a ladder to access stored inventory and to prepare shipments
- Ability to remain stationed working at a computer for long periods of time
- Work is in an office and warehouse environment
Conditions of Employment
- Security Screening Level – Reliability Status
- Child Abuse Registry Check