• Location: 801 York Mills Rd, North York, ON M3B 1X7
• Vacancies: 1 Vacancy
• Employment groups: Students, Youth, Visible minorities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada
• Terms of employment: Permanent, Full time40 hours / week
• Start date: As soon as possible
• Benefits: Bonus, Vision care benefits, Other benefits
• Employment conditions: Overtime, Day, Evening, Weekend
• Employer covers the relocation costs
• Source Job Bank Job no.# 958843
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years.
5 years or more
Ability to Supervise
1 to 2 people
Security and Safety
Criminal record check
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Repetitive tasks, Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Ability to distinguish between colours, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Standing for extended periods.
Work Location Information
Relocation costs covered by employer, Willing to relocate
Team player, Excellent oral communication, Excellent written communication, Judgement, Interpersonal awareness, Effective interpersonal skills, Dependability, Accurate, Reliability, Client focus.
Supervise or manage activities of other opticians or student opticians
Assist clients in selecting eyeglasses, advise on use and care of contact lenses, arrange for grinding or polishing of lenses or grind and polish lenses, Cut and edge lenses and fit lenses into frames, obtain specifications for eyeglasses or contact lenses and fit clients with prescription eyeglasses or contact lenses, adjust finished eyeglasses to fit client.
Credentials (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.)
Licensure by provincial or territorial authorities
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.