COMPANY Sharon Village Care Homes ADDRESS Kensington Village 1340 Huron Street London, Ontario N5V 3R3
Personal Care Provider – Medical
Under the direction of the RPN/RN Charge Nurse, Director of Care, the HCA/PSW provides individualized hands-on care for an assigned group of residents in order to promote the residents comfort, dignity and safety according to the residents individualized needs.
The HCA/PSW provides safe care and services to assigned residents and documents all personal care and services provided in Point of Care and on appropriate flow sheets/tools.
Responsibilities/ Job Duties:
- To provide personal hygiene and grooming to each resident according to identified and individualized needs (i.e. bathing, dressing, shaving, hair care, nail care, toileting and incontinence care, oral care etc)
- To follow care as outlined in the Plan of Care.
- To document in POC all care provided and observations
- To participate in RAI-MDS process and provide input as to effectiveness of current interventions
- To observe and report changes in resident’s condition to the RN/RPN.
- To assist with the admission, transfer and discharge of residents.
- To cooperate and collaborate with all members of the interdisciplinary team, including resident and family in establishing individualized care according to needs and choices.
- To handle residents with respect and dignity, ensuring comfort and safety.
- To maintain resident’s environment in a clean, sanitary, orderly and safe manner.
- To maintain good housekeeping standards in working areas at all times, wiping up spills, etc., and as specified in work procedures.
- To encourage residents in their abilities in the activities of daily living.
- To respond to requests for assistance and/or call bells promptly.
- To cooperate and/or assist in the activities and programs as developed to promote the well-being of the resident.
- To assist with meal service and provide assistance in eating as required.
- To assist residents as required to obtain maximum benefit from their meals.
- To serve between meal and bedtime nourishments.
- To remove dirty linens to laundry area and to restock clean linen areas.
- To distribute clean personal clothing to resident rooms and put away neatly in closets/drawers.
- To use physical facilities, supplies and equipment effectively and economically.
- To promote safety – to work in a safe manner and to report any unsafe condition, working manner or habit.
- To report all incidents or accidents of residents, staff or visitors.
- To attend and participate in staff meetings and in-service training.
- To be responsible to know the procedures to be followed in case of fire, disaster, or any emergency situation.
- To follow proper infection control practices and proper use of PPE.’s.
- To perform any other duties as requested by the Supervisor
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time – Shared at Kensington Village and Earl’s Court -both are Sharon Village Care Homes
Language of Work: English
Location of Work: Kensington Village 1340 Huron Street London, Ontario
1390 Highbury Avenue N. London, Ontario N5V 4R8
Wage: As per Uniform Collective agreement
1 year $20.89
2 year $21.19 ** This is a unionized position and wage would start at the probation rate. Following probation of one year or 450 hours, applications will be eligible for start wage rate.
Benefits: In lieu of coverage for health and welfare, sick time and paid holidays, part time employees shall receive a benefits allowance in addition to their wages as follows:
Ten percent (10%) of wages. Note: no pension clawback
- Completion of Personal Support Service certificate program is preferred
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Long Term Care is preferred
- Ability to work with people and to follow directions from others.
- Willingness to follow company policies.
- Must be physically able use equipment safely during resident lifts and transfers
- Must be an effective team player that works well with others.
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively with long-term care Residents and families
- Be able to deal with unusual situations; set priorities; deal with stress and time pressures.
- Follow guidelines, policies, and procedures established by the Sharon Village Care Homes.
- Be aware of the MOHLTC LTC Quality Inspection Program, LTCHA 2007 and Regs. 79/10
Education & Training:
- Some secondary school education and on-the-job training required.
- Must participate in annual training sessions relating to:
- Fire Safety
- Occupational Health & Safety Reviews
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Lifting Practices
- Abuse & Neglect recognition and prevention
- Other education and training sessions as required through the MOHLTC LTCHA 2007 Regs. 79/10.
- Education sessions will be provided in house, externally or through on-line learning.
- Other department Specific Education programs
- Please send all resumes to the following email address c/o Melanie Campbell DOC
- Contact Information