Reporting to the Program Manager Office of the General Manager, Toronto Water, the Policy and Program Advisor, will provide senior level strategic advice, manage issues, develop and analyze policy options related to the development and implementation of a divisional digital communications strategy to enhance Toronto Water’s digital footprint with a focus on customer service.
The primary functions associated with this position include, but are not limited to:
- Consults and provides strategic advice to the General Manager and Divisional Senior Management team regarding research, reports and corporate initiatives.
- Identifies and develops options for policies, management/operational practices, key performance measures and recommends changes to support management functions to improve efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery.
- Develops and drafts new procedures, guidelines, standards and policies to support the use of social and digital media platforms in relation to customer service taking into consideration divisional strategic and communication plans.
- Undertakes stakeholder consultations for purposes of program and policy development.
- Evaluates effectiveness of digital communications strategies and plans as related to Toronto Water and other water utilities.
- Conducts research in the areas of digital communications and social media ensuring that research takes into account development within the field, corporate policies and practices, operational issues/impacts, budget impacts and legislation and initiatives by other levels of government especially related to water utilities.
- Identifies opportunities and provides advice for the integration of digital and social media to achieve maximum effectiveness and consistency by examining all ongoing communication projects and initiatives within Toronto Water.
- Works collaboratively with the GMO, Toronto Water staff and Senior Communications Coordinators and other divisions as required to prioritize, edit and/or rewrite large volumes of existing division-oriented Toronto Water web content and distil it into actionable, service-oriented content for the City of Toronto’s website.
- Deals with confidential and sensitive information affecting Toronto Water operations, assets and resources.
- Maintains a continuous and thorough knowledge of current water industry, corporate and other divisions’ issues and initiatives.
- Post-secondary education in a discipline pertinent to the job function (communications, digital communications, marketing, public relations, journalism) or an approved combination of education and experience.
- Considerable work experience in marketing, public relations, media relations, strategic web content development, writing and editing and social media engagement.
- Considerable experience in professional communications techniques and practices, including developing communications strategies and plans and creating, implementing and coordinating multimedia communications programs and content.
- Experience developing, implementing and enforcing web content and design standards.
- Experience with government legislation, in particular the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Experience dealing with senior management and political staff on sensitive issues.
- Experience in utilizing social media platforms and developing strategies, processes and resources to support appropriate and effective use of all platforms.
- Excellent knowledge of digital content creation and web content management tools and processes.
- Experience using an enterprise level web content management system (WCMS), such as WordPress, Open Text and SharePoint.
- Superior oral and written communication skills along with proven and excellent writing and editing skills for all media and audiences including a deep understanding of the special requirements of writing and editing content for the web.
- Knowledge of Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)’s requirements and standards applicable to information including the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation (IASR).
- Knowledge of accessibility legislation and requirements, and the techniques of diversity outreach, including ethnic media, community organizations and cultural sensitivities.
- Well-developed human and public relations skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively with all management levels.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize and manage assignments and workload under tight timelines and competing deadlines.
- General knowledge of Adobe Web Creative Suite tools, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, Flash, Dream Weaver, AfterEffects would be an asset.
- General knowledge working with web browsers across multiple platforms, navigational issues including constraints would be an asset.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please call us at (416) 338-2946 or email us at email@example.com.