Company: Hendrix Genetics Ltd. o/a Hybrid Turkeys
Business Information: Hybrid Turkeys is a leading primary breeder and distributor of turkey genetics. We supply high quality, high health parent stock and commercial stock products to customers around the world.
Business Address: 650 Riverbend Drive, Kitchener, ON N2K 3S2
2823 West Alps Road, Ayr ON, N0B 1E0
866966 Township Road 10, Bright, ON N0J 1B0
6101 R.R#2 4th Line, Ariss ON N0B 1B0
5963 4th Line East, Ariss, ON N0B 1B0
6214 6th Line East RR#2, Ariss, ON N0B 2V0
4084 Bridge Street, New Hamburg, ON N3A 2W2
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Feed and tend turkeys. Automated feed and water, ensuring there are no feed spills/overflows of water
- Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment. Minimal operation of machinery but trained personnel could operate ATV, golf cart, turkey loader from time to time
- Cleaning, sanitation and disinfection of barns, equipment and machinery
- Detect disease and health problems in poultry. Perform basic health monitoring of flock’s health and well-being.
- Write daily basic progress reports. Record egg and bird numbers
- Set and monitor water lines, air flow and temperature in barns and turkeys coops
- Collection, sanitization and grading of turkey hatching eggs
- Catch and remove turkeys out of the predetermined assigned barns
- Load turkeys in the transport trucks when required
- Follow all implemented biosecurity and animal welfare practices and procedures designed to reduce and minimize health risks to the turkey flocks and to ensure their well-being
– Education: Not required
– Experience: Experience is an asset. On-the-job training will be provided.
– Must be able to complete heavy lifting as required.
– Must be able to work within a very dirty and very dusty environment while inside the bird barns.
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Large workload, Repetitive tasks, physically demanding, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Bending, crouching and kneeling, Standing for extended periods of time, handling heavy loads
-Personal suitability: team player, organized
-Work site environment: noisy, outdoors, dusty, odours.
– Weight Handling: Up to 23kg (50 lbs.)
Salary: $16.16 hourly, 42.5 to 60 hours per week
Benefits: Health insurance for the 90 day waiting period for OHIP, company uniform and footwear costs, extra pay for loading out birds, transportation, staff accommodation provided at a discounted rate
Important Information: Position requires extended work hours and flexibility in scheduling
Shifts: 5.30am to 2.30pm, 6am to 3pm, 7am to 4pm, 7.30am to 4.30pm, 8am to 5pm. Weekend work will be required when needed. When the employee works a weekend, they get the days off during the week.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Apply by fax to: 519-578-1870
Apply by mail to: 650 Riverbend Drive, Kitchener, ON N2K 3S2