- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
|Posting ID :||10957|
|Apply By :||6/27/2019|
|Position Title :||Procurement Specialist|
|Department :||Procurement Services|
|Job Type :||Full-time, Continuing|
|Reports To :||Manager, Procurement Service|
|Position Summary :|
Wilfrid Laurier University is a leading multi-campus, university known for academic excellence and a culture that inspires lives of leadership and purpose. Laurier has a distinct commitment to teaching, research, experiential learning, sustainability and scholarship, which combine to address critical challenges in society, business, the economy and the environment – globally and in the communities we serve. At Laurier’s heart is its strong student focus, which results in exceptional levels of student satisfaction and a deep sense of community that lives on through the university’s highly engaged alumni.
Laurier takes pride in building meaningful relationships with colleagues and students. The Laurier community supports one another, encourages collaboration and teamwork and respects work/life balance, all while recognizing the importance of a challenging, rewarding and inspiring career. Laurier has more than 19,000 students and 2,100 faculty and staff across campuses in Waterloo and Brantford, as well as locations in Kitchener and Toronto.
Diversity is one of Laurier’s core values. The university is committed to providing an inclusive workplace and employing a workforce that is reflective of local and national demographics. Our locations are situated on the traditional territories of the Neutral, Anishnawbe, and Haudenosaunee peoples. We recognize the unique heritages of Indigenous peoples and support their intentions to preserve and express their distinctive Indigenous cultures, histories, and knowledge through academic programming and co-curricular activities. Laurier’s Centre for Indigegogy is one example of how Laurier honours Indigenous knowledge.
We currently have an opportunity to join the Laurier community as a Procurement Specialist.
Procurement Services is an agent of Wilfrid Laurier University in the administration of procuring goods and services and contracts. The Procurement Specialist is responsible procuring goods and services for the University and for the support of users requisitioning goods using the shopLaurier eProcurement Solution. The position also provides back up to the Procurement Business Analyst, eProcurement as well as the Procurement Administrator. The Procurement Specialist will assist the Manager with RFx support as well as running and completing RFXs on behalf of the University. The Procurement Specialist is responsible day-to-day procurement tasks that arise in the department.
The position guides University staff in support of their procurement requirements to ensure the University is receiving value for money while maintaining accountability to various procurement standards and regulations.
This position has a university-wide mandate and is based at the Waterloo Campus. The incumbent provides subject matter expertise to all campuses, requiring regular interpersonal interactions and collaboration with departments at the Waterloo Campus, the Brantford Campus, the Toronto office and external partners. Special attention is given to ensure equitable service delivery across all locations.
The regular hours for this position are Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm.
- Working independently while under the general direction of Senior staff (Manager, AVP Financial Resources)
- Possessing a comprehensive understanding of the Laurier Supply Chain Code of Ethics and an ability to identify potential difficult ethical situations
- Completes projects which will include communications, market analysis, Request for Quotations, Request for Proposals, Request for Information, Request for Supplier Qualification etc., and department initiatives
- Review evaluator scores and feedback prior to tactfully providing direction regarding accountabilities and requirements for evaluations under relevant legislation
- Negotiate agreements that deliver strategic value to Laurier
- Posting competitive procurement documents on public posting websites
- Provides training/direction related to BPS Procurement Directive, relevant trade agreements, and Procurement Services Initiatives and Solutions
- Represent the department in internal and external working groups and committees as approved by Manager, Procurement Services.
- Works with suppliers and Accounts Payable on invoice discrepancies, contacting the supplier on price discrepancies to the Purchase Order.
- Runs reports in Banner to close out purchase orders with small residual amounts
- Monitors open purchase orders using shopLaurier and Millennium to investigate those needing expedition and/or closure
- Coordinates with the Finance Department on the running of reports to identify outstanding purchase orders for fiscal year end, follows up with internal clients on Purchase Order Status and updates accordingly to ensure accuracy for new fiscal year
- Creates internal procedure documents on Procurement tasks for the departmental procedures manual
EProcurement Administration and Other
- Reviews and Approves transactions within the shopLaurier system
- Reviews tax status and quotations to ensure compliance with internal policy, and external trade agreements as well Broader Public Sector rules governing University Expenditures
- Approves and processes PO Change Requests and Return to Vendor forms within shopLaurier and Banner
- Checks and converts Blanket Order Requests as required
- Acts as the contact for creating new vendor records in Banner and importing into shopLaurier, including ensuring no duplication as well as determining payment types, terms and distribution information
- Contacts End-users about discrepancies on invoices and quantities received
- Contacts Vendors regarding discrepancies and expedite orders on behalf of departments
- Works with Accounts Payable and IT on payment or system issues
- Assists with system testing as required
- Cross-trains of job duties for back-up in the department
- College Diploma in Business Administration or related discipline
- Working towards current Certified Supply Chain Management Professional (CSCMP), Certified Public Procurement Buyer (CPPB), Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO) designation
- 2 years related work experience including 1 year leading RFX processes (RFP, RFQ, RSFQ, RFT,RFI etc.), in a Public Procurement Environment
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with varying audiences
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Advanced Computer literacy, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite & Outlook
- Experience working with Banner, or other financial system an asset
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task with frequent interruptions & competing deadlines in an open concept office environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of Procurement related functions, processes and strategies
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Broader Public Sector Procurement and Expense Directives, the Canadian Free Trade Agreement and the Comprehensive Economic Trade Agreement
|Salary :||$31.30 – $36.82|
|Salary Notes :||This is a full-time, continuing position.
This position is eligible for education equivalencies: https://lauriercloud.sharepoint.com/sites/human-resources/employee-relations/employee-groups/Pages/wlusa.aspx
Please Note : This position is represented by the WLU Staff Association bargaining unit.
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Wilfrid Laurier University endeavors to fill positions with qualified candidates who have a combination of education, experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position while demonstrating Laurier’s Employee Success Factors.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: