Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
Hydro One Telecom offers communications and IT solutions to organizations with broadband network requirements utilizing our fiber optic network to provide diverse, secure and highly reliable connectivity in the Ontario market and extending to Montreal, Buffalo and Detroit. We deliver these solutions to utilities, carriers, financial institutions, enterprises, public sector organizations and more. Our business solutions include IP VPN, Ethernet, Wavelength Services, Internet Transit, and Digital Private Line. Our customers rely on our solutions to connect offices and data centers for mission critical applications with improved diversity. Our low latency solutions and detailed, customized approach to network design are essential for delivering these sophisticated solutions.
You are a talented professional looking for a career, not a job and dedicated to excellence in product management. The Product Manager works closely with the Network and Technology Development team, Project Management Office and Marketing to lead and support profitable growth initiatives through product strategy, design, measurement, tracking and analysis as well as through market intelligence.
You will rely heavily on your superior business analytical skills to manage the HOT product portfolio, add value to other areas of the PMO team and help deliver key elements of the company’s strategic objectives for revenue and profitability growth.
Your natural ability to establish strong working relationships while increasing profitability for the company is exactly what we are seeking. You are tenacious and charismatic in your approach to resolving obstacles and results-driven and action-oriented to getting the job done right.
As part of your DNA, you are an aggressive, self-starter, with the proven ability to build executive relationships, articulate Hydro One Telecom’s business requirements and business strategies, and create win/win/win situations for Hydro One Telecom, our customers and our vendors.
- Product Management – Manage the development, launch and ongoing business performance of Hydro One Telecom (HOTI) products and services including market analysis, competitive positioning, service creation and launch, pricing and profitability.
- Products and services for the telecommunications and IT markets include Managed Services and Cloud Based Services covering the following solution areas: IP, optical, wireless, security, data centers and unified communications. Solutions will be built organically or by partnering with other organizations.
- Manage Return on Investment, profitability and budget allocations for the Hydro One Telecom product portfolio.
- Lead within and support the PMO team (Program/Product/Process/Project Management).
- Manage key performance indicators and make recommendations to continue profitable growth on products and services.
- Identify and define potential new products and enhancements to existing products that will better meet customer needs and reach new customers.
- Manage the ongoing monitoring of product performance.
- Manage the development of products that will better meet customer needs and reach new customers. Identifying potential products; conducting market research; generating product requirements; determining specifications, timetables, pricing, etc
- Manage and own the Hydro One Telecom Product Roadmap in alignment with the business strategy.
- Coordinate communication with Managers from other parts of Hydro One Telecom, ensuring that the Product Strategy is properly synchronized with the strategic plans in the other lines of business.
- Act as a product advocate and representative to build awareness and understanding.
- Manage the development of product strategy into detailed requirements.
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business priorities and customer impact (with Project Managers).
- Manage project implementation timeframes and standard documentation procedures to ensure delivery of a quality product and achieve speed to completion.
- Negotiate contracts and contract changes, project change orders, work schedules and requirements changes as required to meet product and project objectives.
- Provide support that may influence across multiple departments.
- Provide a consultative role to senior management by making strategy recommendations related to market growth opportunities, investments in new products and changes to existing products.
- Manage and motivate people, processes and resources across multiple departments and external contractors and vendors as well.
- Ensure resources deliver desired results within budget and schedule.
- Negotiate and influence behavior of vendors and service providers to achieve desired results.
- Communicate and translate Hydro One Telecom Product Strategies and direction to staff, contractors and vendors to align product requirements in achieving goals within the Strategy.
- Build team alignment amongst staff, contractors and vendors, as necessary.
- Demonstrate business acumen by translating technical options into business objectives and measurable communications results.
- Resolve conflicts and issues and escalate issues appropriately.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Business Administration, Business Analytics, Management Science, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Risk Management, or related curriculums in Product Marketing or Product Management.
- 10+ years of related experience in Product Management, Product Development and Business Analysis in telecommunications and IT related to Managed Services and Cloud Based Services covering the following solution areas: IP, optical, wireless, security, data centers and unified communications.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to lead and direct cross functional departments and resources toward business and project objectives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including Excel, Visual Basic, Access, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to manipulate and analyze data to draw appropriate conclusions
- Sharp attention to detail with the ability to spot inconsistencies and troubleshoot potential issues
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage relationships in a fast-paced environment, while demonstrating persistence and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to translate complex data into manageable and useful insights
- Professionalism, positive attitude, and the ability to work well with diverse perspectives are keys to success in this position.
- Ability to lead multiple work streams or project teams to execute against an existing project or work plan
- Promote, manage and deliver the continuous improvement of activities
- Displaying effective organization skills, managing multiple and competing priorities and coaching others to improve these skills
- Proposing solutions to manage client expectations and managing the delivery of the solution
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2019.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email email@example.com. Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: November 11, 2019
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.