The NIB Trust Fund’s mission is to preserve and revitalize First Nations language, culture and way of life. The fund provides resourcing to create meaningful opportunities that improve the quality of life for First Nations. Our mission is devoted to creating meaningful opportunities to have a positive impact on the lives of First Nations people.
The Program Officer provides team support for the national call for applications for individuals and groups, including:
- receiving, evaluating and preparing applications for funding decisions;
- interpretation and administration in all facets of eligibility and compliance;
- supports the preparation of key program deliverables, the administration and management of contracts and narrative reporting;
- research and development of recommendations for resolution of issues;
- coordinating data to facilitate information;
- ensure call for applications and administration of contracts is consistent with court approved NIB Trust Fund Administration Plan, Terms and Conditions and in accordance with established procedures and processes; and
- other duties as assigned.
Persons of indigenous ancestry will be given preference.
Candidates should have at a minimum have a post-secondary degree in a related field of study and experience working with projects and programs or equivalent combination of education and experience. Applicants must have Excel, Word, Adobe. Fluid Review and database management experience an asset. In addition, experience working with First Nations and Métis communities is essential. Highly experienced candidates who do not possess a degree may be considered for opportunities. French is an asset.