Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada’s most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, Chile and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
Incorporating the key personal investment and advisory activities within the Scotiabank, Global Wealth & Insurance provides a full range of products and services that encompass retail brokerage, investment management advice, mutual funds and savings products, and financial planning and private client services for affluent clients.
Working under the direction of the Senior Manager Projects and in full collaboration with business partners and colleagues from SPCG the incumbent is responsible for end-to-end project management for small- to medium-sized Wealth Management projects, including project planning, scheduling, scope definition, specification of requirements, and testing, through to successful delivery and transition to support.
* Manage the planning and execution of small- to medium-sized projects. This includes managing and mentoring assigned project resources, assisting with defining project scope, helping to develop project plans and schedules, leading the business requirements definition, identifying risks to project timeline/cost/scopes and establish mitigation strategies, overseeing the user acceptance testing effort, managing successful implementation of new business processes and making sure project documentation is carefully followed.
* Hold status meetings and provide updates to management and business sponsors, communication of status and escalation of project issues to Business Line management and other project stakeholders including IT&S, vendors and other affected areas of the Bank.
* Manage the transition of the implemented project to support to ensure business needs continue to be met. Assist with establishing procedures for post-implementation operation and support as well as determining user training needs. Documentation of lessons learned and communicating them with project team and with other WMBS project staff.
* Provide support to the planning processes by identifying new or functional enhancement opportunities. Conduct Cost/Benefit Analysis & alternatives identification.
* Represent WMBS and provide continued support to WM Business Lines in creating a consistent client experience and engaging other teams as required to achieve that goal.
* Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of the WMBS project methodologies and WM Business Line strategies and policies, risk management practices, product offerings, financial markets, financial instruments, regulatory requirements, Back Office processes and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to internal clients and users
1. Working knowledge in the area of Project Management and bank project management processes.
2. Working knowledge in the area of Business Analysis and the elicitation and gathering/documentation of Business Requirements using a variety of methods including interviews, business process modeling, gap analysis, data integrity analysis & mapping, context diagrams, use-cases, etc.
3. Working knowledge in the area of quality control including test strategy and plan, test data preparation analysis, test scenarios, test cases, test execution and reporting.
4. Ability to multitask projects and support activities, managing shifting priorities on a daily basis.
5. Ability to lead tasks from start to finish, following through to ensure successful completion.
6. Ability to conduct effective meetings with team members and Business partners including presentations to stakeholders
7. Must be reliable, pro-active, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
EDUCATION AND ACCREDITATIONS:
– University degree, college diploma or equivalent experience.
– Experience in project management and business analysis in a technology/systems department.
– Preference given to candidates with strong financial services industry experience.
– Demonstrated expertise in technology within the Wealth Management or Domestic/Commercial banking environment.
– Preference given to candidates with additional industry accreditation, including PMP.
Scotiabank is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.