- British Columbia NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Protection & Control Technologist
Protection & Control Technologist
|Number of positions:||2|
|Town/City:||Niagara Falls, Ontario (CA-ON)|
|Business Unit:||NTW OPRTNS|
|Division:||TRANS & STNS|
|Department:||STATION SRVC (10000330)|
|Duration of assignment:||Ongoing|
- Perform initial inspections, conduct troubleshooting and preventative maintenance, carry out modifications and repairs as required, on all types of protection, telecommunications, metering networks and control equipment.
- Perform initial inspection checks, to ensure that newly equipment are ready to be placed in service
- Receive assignment from Supervisor, with direction as necessary on specific technical details, work procedures and potential problem areas.
- Examine pertinent specifications and drawings and discuss with design and functional groups as necessary, to ensure complete understanding of proposed work.
- Perform functional tests of the overall schemes, as appropriate, to ensure that they satisfy performance requirements.
- Conduct prescribed detailed tests after the equipment has been placed in service to ensure that it is functioning correctly.
- Correct drawings.
- Investigate incorrect or unexplained equipment performance as necessary, to identify, locate and correct faults in installed equipment.
- Carry out preventative maintenance and tests on installed equipment based on current work programs to ensure that the equipment is in good operating condition or identify problems; readjust or recalibrate as required.
- Requires a knowledge of the theory and operating characteristics of power and distribution equipment and systems and of associated protection, telecommunications, metering, network and control equipment and circuits
- Requires a knowledge of instruments and test equipment as used in checking electrical and electronic circuits
- Requires a knowledge of advanced mathematics including calculus, analytical trigonometry, algebra and logarithms in the study and application of electronic and electrical theory
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired in and equivalent to a three year electrical engineering technology program and at least six years experience in the Protection and Control function
- Must have an Electrical Technologist Diploma or deemed equivalent by Ontario’s independent certifying body for engineering and applied science technicians and technologists.
- Must have a valid “Full” G Driver’s License
- Successful validation of a PRA (Personnel Risk Assessment) is required.
If you share our passion for safety, our customer service focus, and are ready to play a lead role in building a bright future, we would love to hear from you!
Thank you for considering this opportunity and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are being considered for an interview or other assessment one of our Recruitment Consultants will be in touch. Furthermore, if you are being considered for an interview and require special accommodations please let us know. Finally, short-listed candidates will be asked to pass a reliability check (which could include criminal background check, driver’s license abstract, education verification, etc.) prior being offered a job at Hydro One.
Deadline: May 13, 2019
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: