- Ontario NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
QA Automation Engineer
QA Automation Engineer
Express Scripts Canada is actively looking for a Senior Automation Quality Assurance Analyst who will be responsible for planning, creating and executing automation frameworks for software applications include Windows and Web-based systems for the Canadian operations of Express Scripts.
The primary function of this position is to conduct comprehensive testing on new system development and system enhancements to ensure the system meets functional requirements and maintains the quality standards set to ensure the overall integrity of the system. The role requires the candidate to work closely with the business analysts, product owners and developers to identify testing scenarios based on potential product risk and to translate these scenarios into test scripts. This position requires an in-depth knowledge of testing concepts and functionality as well as a thorough understanding of automation framework design and scripts creation, with or without specific tools.
Express Scripts maintains a broad range of software technologies and applications architectures with both custom-designed (primarily web-based applications) and off-the-shelf products. Our test tools include both commercial and open-source: Selenium and Winium.
- Design and manage automation test framework and architecture, develop repeatable testing and application performance automation solutions that will effectively meet business requirements
- Understand application workflow and work with business analysts, application team members, and Quality Analysts to integrate test scripts (sanity, system, regression, integration)
- Agile test automation and development environment, to create and maintain the test automation framework to run effectively with CI/CD pipeline (Jenkins, Git)
- Requirements and design review, risk based analysis, test plan creation, test data creation and management, test package creation, and creation and maintenance of process documentation
- Review requirements, create test plans/scripts, executing both automated and manual test scripts as required and providing status reports
- Analyze formal test results in order to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws
- Collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, unit, sanity, integration, regression and acceptance testing methods
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope/delivery dates.
- Must be able to identify and analyze issues and be able to determine severity and solutions, prioritize issues for resolution and able to conduct risk analysis at various levels.
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 8 years of software test automation framework and test design and test development experience, preferably with customer-oriented web and desktop applications
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in defining and implementing several test automation solutions leveraging one or more of the following: Selenium, Winium, SoapUI, Postman
- 5+ years of Object-oriented programming and strong hands-on automation/development skills in Java/selenium – NO record and playback
- Experience with working knowledge in DevOps, Service Virtualization, Jenkins, Git, Jira, Python, Java, Web services etc…, with knowledge on BDD and ATDD
- Knowledge of Git, for Source Control, Work Item Tracking, Builds and Tests, with knowledge of GitHub, Jira, Confluence and test management tools
- Experience with automating Web Services, REST API, with or without tools (Selenium, Winium, Appium, SOAPUI etc.)
- Ensure code is being built in such a way to optimize automation that implements best practices in line with latest industry standards in automation development, maintenance and management of test automation artifacts
- Prepare and review reusable functions, improve robustness, re-usability, and maintainability of test scripts
- Working knowledge of any of RDBMS and related concepts
- Ensure traceability between product requirements, delivered code and test case verification
- Effectively complete and support project tasks independently
- Research, identify and implement new test automation technologies, quickly learn new concepts and software as necessary
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills with attention to detail and work plan deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including facilitation and presentation skills
- Self-starter, highly organized and works well with all functional levels in the organization
- Capability to break down and resolve complex problems with clarity of prioritization
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS CANADA
Express Scripts Canada, a registered business name of ESI Canada, an Ontario partnership indirectly controlled by Express Scripts, Inc. (Nasdaq: ESRX), is one of Canada’s leading providers of health benefits management services. From its corporate headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario, just outside Toronto, Express Scripts Canada provides a full range of integrated pharmacy benefit management (PBM) services to insurers, third-party administrators, plan sponsors and the public sector, including health-claims adjudication and processing services, Home Delivery Pharmacy Services, benefit-design consultation, drug-utilization review, formulary management, and medical and drug-data analysis services, to better facilitate the best possible health outcomes at the lowest possible cost.
It will be a condition of employment that the successful candidate receives the Enhanced Reliability Clearance from the Federal Government. The candidate will be required to provide supporting documentation in order to receive Clearance if required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values, integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities.
Thank you for your interest in this position however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No telephone calls please.
For more information about Express Scripts Canada, visit its Web site at www.express-scripts.ca.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: