|Position Title :
||Rentals, Recreational Sports and Summer Camps Coordinator (Laurier Brantford YMCA)
|Position Summary :
Wilfrid Laurier University is a leading multi-campus, university known for academic excellence and a culture that inspires lives of leadership and purpose.As one of the largest charitable community service organizations in Canada, the YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford responds to critical social needs in the community and works to provide solutions. By nurturing the potential of children, youth and adults, the YMCA connects people to life-building opportunities, to each other and enhances their quality of life. We foster social responsibility and healthy living.
The YMCA works collectively with community partners that share the YMCA’s determination in strengthening the foundations of community for all people.
This position requires a commitment to the mission and values of both Wilfrid Laurier University and the YMCA. It requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and core values of: Responsibility, Caring, Honesty, Respect and Belonging, as well as, a commitment to building developmental assets in children and adults. Wilfrid Laurier University is devoted to excellence in learning, research, scholarship and creativity. It fulfills its mission by advancing knowledge, supporting and enhancing high-quality undergraduate, graduate and professional education, and emphasizing co-curricular development of the whole student.
We currently have an opportunity to join the Laurier community as a Rentals, Recreational Sports and Summer Camps Coordinator.
Reporting to the Program Manager, this position provides supervision and coaching to members, students, staff and volunteers within Sport Leagues, Clubs and Rentals ensuring program excellence.
The Rentals, Recreational Sports and Camps Coordinator participates as a member of the Health, Fitness & Aquatics team. The core function of this position is program planning and implementation, customer service, facility event support, staff and volunteer recruitment, training, and performance management. Hours of work will vary including days, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays. The emphasis of this position will be on direct program development/delivery, statistical tracking, program supervision, facility scheduling and event support and the provision of excellent customer service through relationship building. In addition, this position will be responsible for the direct supervision and delivery of our Laurier Brantford YMCA Day camps, including hiring, training, and day to day operations of the camps.
- Responsible for the development, scheduling, delivery and facility needs of Recreational Sports programming and summer day camps
- Recruitment, training, and mentoring of all staff and volunteer team members for the purpose of delivering excellence in customer service in recreational sports programs, events and summer day camps
- Provide direct leadership in programs, modeling/ mentoring service excellence
- Responsible for the coordination and tracking of all facility bookings for the centre from internal and external users as per the use of space agreement and space priorities
- Responsible for supporting the rental of space to external groups to grow revenues and optimize space use
- Ensure that program policies and procedures are implemented and monitored proactively
- Work as an active member of the Branch Leadership Team with scheduled Team Leader shifts/ responsibilities
- Interaction with members developing positive relationships and addressing concerns or questions
- Communicates with fellow staff regarding member and safety needs
- Development and execution of staff training plans
- Administer documentation, records management, accounts payable, supplies/inventory, departmental reports, maintaining budgets
- Volunteer and Community Service Learning placement coordination
- University degree and minimum of two (2) years recent related work experience (full-time or part-time) in Recreation Programming, and/or Sport Administration;
- Experience in leading and delivering Summer Camp or Child and Youth Programs;
- Ability to plan and execute recreational sports;
- Current Standard First Aid and CPRC certifications;
- 2 – 3 years experience recruiting, hiring, training and supervising part-time staff;
- Excellent leadership and communication skills;
- Ability to take initiative and work collaboratively with administrative staff, students, members and volunteers;
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to reliably multi-task to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work in a small knit team environment;
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Current Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
Commitment to Organization Vision and Values
Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for Mission, Vision, Strategic outcomes and Values of the YMCA and Wilfrid Laurier University
Planning and Organizing
Establishes a clearly defined and effective course of action for self and others to accomplish short and long term goals
Participates actively and facilitates teams for organization effectiveness
Ensures that Centre programs and services are superior
Concern for Health and Safety
Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction
Works independently with minimal supervision
Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to enhance each and every individual’s experience
|To Apply :
If you are interested in this position, please submit your letter of application and resume by January 17, 2020 to the attention of:
Program Manager, Laurier Brantford YMCA
We thank all applicants; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
|Please Note :
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Wilfrid Laurier University endeavors to fill positions with qualified candidates who have a combination of education, experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position while demonstrating Laurier’s Employee Success Factors.
Diversity and creating a culture of inclusion is a key pillar of Wilfrid Laurier University’s Strategic Academic Plan and is one of Laurier’s core values. Laurier is committed to increasing the diversity of faculty and staff and welcomes applications from candidates who identify as Indigenous, racialized, having disabilities, and from persons of any sexual identities and gender identities. Indigenous candidates who would like to learn more about equity and inclusive programing at Laurier are welcomed to contact the Office of Indigenous Initiatives at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates from other equity seeking groups who would like to learn more about equity and inclusive programing at Laurier are welcomed to contact Equity and Accessibility at email@example.com. We have strived to make our application process accessible however if you require any assistance applying for a position or would like this job posting in an alternative format, please contact Human Resources at 519-884-1970 ext.2007 or firstname.lastname@example.org.