Sanko Trading Co., located at 730 Queen Street West, Toronto Ontario, is looking for a Retail Japanese Food Merchandiser for a salary of; $23.50 per hour based on 37.5 hours per week.
- Must have at least two years of experience or more of ordering and buying Japanese food products in food retail or restaurant business.
- Must have strong organizational and critical planning skills with an attention to detail.
- Must have communication skills in English, good customer service skills and the capacity to build strong business relationships with suppliers.
- Must have basic computer skills, cash-handling experience and experience utilizing general office equipment.
- Must have the ability to multitask, prioritize and work independently.
- Must have knowledge of importing food products from Japan.
- Must have in depth background knowledge of Japanese food and food related products.
- Place orders of various Japanese food products from suppliers on a weekly basis.
- Maintain stock levels and determine amount of orders.
- Receive, inspect and merchandise products accurately.
- Research pricing for all purchased goods.
- Analyze price proposals to determine reasonable pricing and negotiate prices with suppliers.
- Provide superior customer service by greeting customers, answering questions, suggestive selling and assisting with special requests.
- Research trend of Japanese foods and beverages in Japan and select new merchandise to attract customers.
- Conduct monthly inventory and report results to management and owner.
All qualified candidates are invited to apply, including new immigrants and indigenous people.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to; email@example.com