Job ID: 35443
Job Type: Contract
Hydro One Telecom combines the strength and reliability of a respected utility with the agility of a small telecommunications provider. We work together with our diverse client base to design creative solutions for data telecommunications, and networking challenges that our clients face every day. Our engineering focus and ITIL processes ensure that our services are specifically tailored to meet their individual requirements.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One Telecom!
Building upon a successful track-record of year-over-year growth, HOT is expanding its suite of offerings and the front-line team who represent these offerings in the market. At this time, we are searching for seasoned, professional Sales Account Managers (SAMs) who are interested in representing the HOT portfolio of products to existing and new clients across Ontario and Quebec, and extending into other Canadian and US markets.
You are an ambitious, confident, self-starter with the proven ability to build executive relationships, articulate product and business strategies and create the demand that makes deals happen. You have honed the skills required for hunting for new clients, mining existing accounts for new opportunities, upselling value-added services and fostering contract renewals. You have extensive experience crafting and proposing solutions to complex and technical communication requirements, demonstrated the ability to negotiate with customers, partners and peers using a Win/Win philosophy. You have a roster of clients who adore working with you, and you are ready for a new and exciting opportunity with a boutique organization backed by a trusted, well known and well-financed parent organization.
You engage easily with customer executives and their teams inside and outside of IT to discuss their data communications challenges and articulate the solution advantages for addressing them. Your expertise of running a sales territory and a portfolio of accounts includes forecasting, quota attainment, sales presentations, solution and proposal development, account planning, contract negotiations and relationship mapping. You are skilled at being able to call upon contacts at multiple levels within your customer base and position solutions to a diverse base of public and/or private organizations. Your experience selling data communication solutions is exceptional and your success has been defined by your track-record of over achieving your sales quota. If this sounds like you, let’s talk!
As a contract Sales Account Manager (SAM) at Hydro One Telecom you will:
- Drive revenue growth and acquire new accounts
- Proactively engage with customer executives, decision makers and influencers to sustain and build deep relationships and to become a trusted advisor
- Articulate a complex technical vision in a clear manner and communicate complete solutions to mid-level and senior customer executives
- Demonstrate strong technical and business knowledge in data communication solutions with the ability to listen and understand customer business requirements and align to Hydro One Telecom’s suite of solutions in order to close strategic opportunities
- Accurately and authentically represent Hydro One Telecom’s suite of high-bandwidth data communication services to the market
- Identify major projects within the largest accounts and manage activities to maximize Hydro One Telecom’s successful delivery to maximize revenue
- Oversee Account Management and New Business Development activities including CRM management, account planning, relationship mapping, forecasting, pipeline development and customer satisfaction measurement for your assigned accounts and territories
- Engage resources within Hydro One Telecom, including Sales Engineers, to drive technical excellence with respect to HOT’s solution development, competitive analysis, proposal development and all exchanges with customers
- Demonstrate the necessary skills to negotiate with peers, partners and customers using a Win/Win philosophy
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required
- 10+ years of successful sales and account management experience in communications and IT networking selling to Enterprise, medium sized business, or Public Sector accounts
- Proven and quantifiable track record of over achievement (sales quota)
- Strong understanding and experience with selling into and out of a data center environment.
- Exceptional communication skills – written & verbal, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated success with selling to C-level management teams
- Demonstrated experience managing large customers
- Strong negotiation skills with a track record of closing deals successfully
- Strong relationship building skills – with both an internal and external focus
- Goal orientated – A self-starter who takes ownership and has a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to travel is required. Some business travel required, primarily in Ontario (client, supplier & partner meetings and industry events)
To learn more about Hydro One Telecom, click here.
At Hydro One Telecom we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One Telecom, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: February 24, 2020
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.