Senior Communications Officer (2 year contract)
Are you a skilled and enthusiastic communications professional? Do you enjoy creating campaigns and messaging for different audiences and communication channels? If this sounds like you, consider joining the Marketing and Communications team at Express Scripts Canada, one of Canada’s largest pharmacy benefit managers. We’re out to improve healthcare for all Canadians and change the way Canadians get medication. Reporting to the Senior Manager of marketing and Communications, you will be a a key member of the team as the Senior Communications Officer.
This is a 2 year contract opportunity.
Who you are:
- A communications professional with a Bachelors Degree in Communications or a combination of relevant education and experience
- A professional with ten to fifteen years of progressive, comprehensive work experience preferably in the group benefits industry
- An excellent writer adept at developing compelling content such as:
- Information materials such as brochures, fact sheets, backgrounders, media releases, key messages and website content for internal and external audiences
- Digital media content for multiple platforms
- A skilled and experienced social media analytics professional
- A versatile communicator capable of creating and posting engaging, relevant content to social media channels
What you will be doing:
- Developing and delivering multichannel activities that raise awareness of Express Scripts Canada
- Supporting and executing Express Scripts Canada’s marketing and communications strategy
- Developing content for internal and external communications
- Coordinating events
- Developing, writing and editing communications, including publications, fact sheets, brochures, blogs, website content, social posts, sales sheets and employee communications in clear simple language
- Monitoring and shaping Express Scripts Canada’s social media presence and profile
- Designing and developing surveys, questionnaires
- Providing editorial services to all departments at Express Scripts Canada and ensuring consistent messaging and branding
- Supporting the management of the departmental budget
If this sounds like you, and you would like to join one of Canada’s most innovative healthcare companies, apply today.
Express Scripts Canada seeks a creative, skilled, highly motivated senior communications professional to join the Marketing and Communications team. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Marketing & Communications, the Senior Communications Officer is a key member of the team.
You’ll have strong writing skills for multiple platforms and audiences. You’ll work across all areas of marketing and communications, with a particular focus on digital media.
Working with existing members of the team, you’ll be responsible for supporting the delivery of a multi-channel program of activities that help raise awareness about Express Scripts Canada. This position will support the development and execution of the organization’s marketing and communications strategy. You’ll be responsible for the development of content (i.e., researching, writing, editing, proofreading, creating, etc.) for use in print, and digital internal and external communications, as well as coordinating events. Additional responsibilities will include media relations support and the creation and distribution of reports.
Other responsibilities include
- Develop, write and edit communications, media releases, publications, presentations, fact sheets, brochures, blogs, website content, social posts, and employee communications in clear, simple language.
- Monitors social media presence and posts engaging, relevant content to our social media accounts
- Assembles and/or designs surveys, questionnaires or other feedback mechanism to garner input on various organizational initiatives.
- Provide editorial services to all departments across our organization and ensures that language in external communications are consistent and messaging is aligned with approved key messages and branding guidelines.
- Assist with the management of the departmental budget
The ideal candidate will also have:
Formal Education and/or Training:
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or equivalent or other relevant field.
Years of Experience:
Ten to fifteen years of progressive and comprehensive work experience preferably in the group health insurance industry.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Excellent writing skills required.
- Experience developing information materials, including brochures, fact sheets, backgrounders, media releases, key messages and website content for internal and external audiences.
- Experience developing content for digital media platforms. Ability to monitor our social media presence and post engaging, relevant content to our social channels.