Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada’s most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, Chile and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is a leading multinational financial services provider and Canada’s most international bank. Since welcoming our first customers in Halifax, Nova Scotia, in 1832, Scotiabank has continued to expand its global reach. Today, through our team of more than 86,000 employees, Scotiabank and its affiliates offer a broad range of products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking to over 21 million customers in more than 55 countries around the world.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
The incumbent is responsible for managing a portfolio of corporate loans and letters of credit where the Bank is a participant in another Bank led deal or when the Bank is providing a direct or bilateral financing arrangement for the customer. The incumbent is responsible for all accounting , reconciliation and record keeping aspects of the loans assigned to them to ensure integrity and accuracy of data in a timely manner. This includes entry and maintenance of static and financial data in ACBS, reconciling cash related items, following up on exception report items, creation and update of BFs for future loan transactions (including drawdowns, rollovers, repayments, rate changes, fee payments etc.), and special projects when assigned by management.
1. Processing instructions given by Agents on participations and Customers on direct deals including verification of limit available, accuracy of calculations, and disbursement/application of funds .
2. Ensuring that terms and conditions of authorizations and/or loan documentation are being adhered to including pricing, term, and amount.
3. Communicating effectively with various contacts including Agent Banks to resolve issues on a timely basis.
4. Recognizing and bringing exceptions to policies and procedures to the attention of management for resolution when required.
5. Developing a solid knowledge of ACBS setup and transactional recording to ensure accuracy of accounting and business line dissemination.
6. Assist Team Leader and Manager in various team-related tasks such as follow up with team members on status and resolution of exception items as well as special project-related work.
1) Knowledge and skills with corporate loans system ACBS strongly preferrable.
2) Advance computer skills, particularly MS Office Suite – Excel, Access, Word, Power Point etc
3) Good organizational and communication skills a must
4) Strong Team PLayer
5) Analytical and detail-oriented
6) Self-Motivated problem solvers
EDUCATION AND ACCREDITATIONS:
At minimum a university undergrade degree in finance or business-related studies or something equivalent.
Scotiabank is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.